Works-In-Progress this week

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here's what I got on my plate this morning...will be making progress on these all week long (but only in the shop M/W/F)

1 - finishing up some kydex sheaths for the bushcraft overruns. :thumbup:

2 - Nessmuks galore!!!

NessmukProgress0128-09.jpg

The top row is 1095, 1/8" thick

The bottom row is also 1095, but 3/32" thick. At least one of these is going to be convex ground top-to-bottom. :thumbup:

All the above have been heat-treated and I will be putting together handles this week.

MOST are not orders and are available.

Pricing for most of them will be ~$125 :eek:
(micarta & stabilized wood)

I will also be putting handles together for these in 3V

InventoryNessmuks-01.jpg

...also, one in S30V

...and a Monster Nessie in 3V

:thumbup:

3 - Kukri Projects:

KukriProjects0128-10.jpg

First order of business will be brazing up the guards. :thumbup:

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line via email/PM/phone

Orders can be placed at my Order Tracker here: www.kosterknives.com/orderform.php
(registration required)

Payment info here:
www.kosterknives.com/payments.htm

Thanks for looking!!!

Finally got over my cold...and am at about 90%...good enough for the shop!!

Dan

Glad to read you are feeling better! Now, I hope you get some .25" 3V in soon.

What are the dimensions on the Nessmuks? I'm interested in a 1/8" but concerned about handle length.

hollowdweller - the brass guards are silver-soldered into place. very strong! :thumbup:

Halfneck - I will "cut" one down to 4.25". :thumbup:
(I thought you meant the handle....:foot:....)

ras - the handle is 4.25 inches and the blade is 5.25 inches. :thumbup:

I can make it to whatever length you want...can't get it in on this batch...but if you place an order - it'll be on the next one!

Thanks!

Dan

Those are some nice looking Nessies'!

I have to get one eventually......

Dan, since you changed your link I can not get to the K-9 forum can you post a sticky or something in this forum that way I can get to the k-9 forum, I used to just go to one of your posts and use the link but you changed that. HELP!!!!

Dan if I wanted one of these nessmuks to match my green micarta bushcraft would that be possible? Additionally if you haven't shipped my bushcraft I would be willing to wait for the Nessie due to the fact I wont be coming home till the end of feb anyhow. Let me know, thanks.

Thanks!

madborderman - Bushcraft went out already. I can certainly make a Nessmuk in Green Micarta. :thumbup:

Let me know.

Thanks!

Dan

Cool, put me down for a green micarta nessmuk with a kydex sheath, if you make them. Let me know when to send the MO. I will get to your order tracker as soon as I can. THANKS

Back