Would it work for woods use?

KFU

Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator
I came up with this design earlier in the week as a new EDC. I wanted to do something different that had great ergos and didn't really worry about the looks that much. I put the scales on and they didn't line up perfectly at the ricasso so I decided to do a passaround with it over on my forum. My question is, how do you think it would do as a small day hike knife? I tried it out on some oak, processing down and making a one stick fire. It felt really good in all positions and performed quite well. Im not usually into thumb ramps but for this sized knife it seems to work. What ya think?
1/8" Aldos 1095 Full convex with secondary convex
3 1/4" blade
7 5/8"OAL
Osage scales with brown micarta liners
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

I like the design, looks like it would be a fine day hike woods knife.

Love the handle length & the Osage Chris.
I can't wait to feel it in hand & check out the thumb ramp.
Though it breaks up the smooth flow of the blade to tang,it looks useful
and thats all that matters in knife made for use.

And why the heck are you barefoot,ain't it cold out there in TN.?

Yeah Mykel, Im not usually a fan of thumbramps but it felt right to do it on this one.
Im always barefoot!

I like it. I like that Osage alot to. You should have shoes kn when you Bushcraft tho.

Looks great to me buddy, I generally prefer a blade that's a little longer but I'm sure I could make that work !

Clich! I wear boots in the woods and when Im at work. For some reason I have really hot feet so I wear flip flops most of the time at home. I wanna get some of those five fingers shoes.

That looks like a terrific "user!" I'd like to have one like that myself! Perfect size for general usage, and I'm sure will do 99.99% of all the cutting tasks you could ask of it!

Ron

Should be a good one for woods use. The handle looks great and the blade reminds me a bit of the Canadian/Grohmann pattern, which is one of my personal favorites.

I looks a very comfortable knife, the handle and the where the first finger rests and the ramp for the the thumb
All in all it looks like a very controlable knife with a blade lenght to fit that control

Nice design

Back