Would you actually put a Benchmade Bugout in your bugout bag?

If I had to bug out with a crossbar lock, I’d do it with the Kunwu Django. It’s just a better made knife IMO.

If I had to bug out with a knife that I currently own… probably this:

IMG_2591.jpeg

It’s also 15N20, so I could probably sharpen it on a river rock if I really needed to. Having a super steel sounds nice, but not if you can’t sharpen it!

Never. And not just because I don't own one. These two would be good bugout tools imho. Benchmade's Bugout is a misnomer knife.
IMG-2676.jpg

My bugout bag (get home bag for me) has a leatherman in it. I always have a blade or 2 on me and i domt plan on having to knife my way home.

The bugouts a nice little knife. Definitely not something that I'd consider as my only folder in a bugout situation. Honestly, it should be called the Backpacker. That's really what it caters to, the super lightweight backpackers that count every ounce. I mean Benchmade even made the Axis Lock bar titanium instead of steel to save weight and to prevent corrosion. Honestly I think they should have stuck with a steel Axis bar, but we can always change it. I am thankful for my Bugout though, I got it a couple years ago in a "package deal" used, this Bugout, a Civivi, and... I can't remember what the other one was right now, but it brought the total to 25 each, so this is my $25 Bugout! The spine was ground down a tiny bit from a broken tip, and I reprofiled it to 15 or 17 degrees when I got it.
Bugout & AG Russell.jpg

That's not necessarily true, depends on which Bugout and which Winkler.

Regardless, I'd rather have any Winkler fixed blade over any two Benchmade Bugouts if shit got serious.
Well me too! Actually, I have two Winklers and only one Bugout.:)

If I was going to bug out with a folder, it’d be no doubt a Cold Steel 4 Max Scout. Assuming I was going to carry a folder at all in a bug out bag. Fixed blade makes a lot more sense though. For a fixed blade, probably a Tereva Skrama 200 or the Tereva Jaakaripuuko 140

The Bugout is right at the bottom of the list (especially to buy)

1701054624850.jpeg

1701054909621.jpeg

Last edited:
They make nice box cutters and letter openers. Cute knives. My wife loves hers and the donut switchblade.

Nevermind. Easier to use the ignore function...

Last edited:
Reactions: DMG
Back