Wow, ebay prices!

Ive seen some strange prices on ebay, but this one is something! A 34OT from the 70's going for 76.00 with just over an hour to go! :eek:

rev,
If you've noticed,the total number of Schrade's listed has dropped to the 1400's level.
Figure a 7 day average listing time,that's about 200 closing each day.
Not long ago,it was running from 2000 - 4000.
The stock market had a big drop recently.maybe people are pulling their money out of stocks and buying Schrades. I have one stock that I wish I had spent the money on Schrades,instead.:(
Ron

There are always deals to be found, and there are knives that sell for much more than their obvious value. Here is a near mint knife and sheath from the '70s that just sold for $14.83. Nope, no box or papers, but still a good deal on a collectable knife. Or a below last MSRP price on a perfect user, depending on your perspective.
14mew53.jpg

Codger

Greetings I am new to this forum but a long time knife collector - mostly bone handled Case. but today I bought 2 Schrade - 1- SLW2 Lake & Walker Knife for $20 and a Case XX GI USMC for the same both NIB. I check ebay and find the regular price s aroud the same range but then find some guy who has a SLW2 for $80 - So I gave him a offer of $10 each.. Didn't have a a clue that Schrade closed down .. Anyway, this looks like a nice place to visit !

Welcome to the Schrade collector's forum, Sigma40. You'll find a lot of friendly folks here and answers to questions whether you ask them or not. Some of the best Schrade information in the world happens right here.

Paul

hey codger, that looks like my old skinning knife (it does look like one I sold many years ago, exactly with that leather lanyard tied like it is)!

I just picked up an LB7 bear paw, for 40.99 (including shipping), not bad, not too much more than they sold for.

I remember in the 80's-mid 90's, when I was in the AF and could go to the PX and pick an LB7, or buck 110 up for 28.00, or a 34OT for 15.00. I still have one 34OT I bought for 15.00 with the deck of schrade playing cards they use to put out with some knives.

Had we all known that schrade was not going to last we all probably would have bought a few more, or kept ones we had. I use to have soeme great bone and delrin handled schrades, and waldens, but did not know they would be almost "irreplaceable".

I think $28 is about what I paid for my last LB7 NIB from a local dealer here. Wish I had known you wanted one! He may have another!

Back