/Write With/

I have been a Pen user for years, notes , poems, EDC. The only reason i would use a pencil would be for drawing. I never used them for anything else, writing them off* because of the non permanent nature of them.

The other day i picked up a pack of HB2 Staedtler pencils.

I was astounded how smooth it wrote. Usually Gel pens are smooth but the glide on this pencil was competitive.
So smooth that it made my writing easier to achieve a cursive like flourish almost transforming my writing if it wasn't disciplined.

I also like the dynamic nature of the wear down of the lead causing it to write different the more it wears down from use ( then rotating )

Just scribing this down in rough i had to sharpen the pencil .... USING A KNIFE !!!!!!:cool: .I forgot how satisfying it is getting that perfect point!

My brother taught me when i was younger that the best way to sharpen a pencil is with a knife ( when possible)
The ability to fix mistakes with an eraser is a bonus.

I can now say that i am going to be using pencils a lot more, Pens are cool , ink colors and such but pencils are a nice change.

now.. share your preference

Pen , Pencil, Marker, Crayon, Pencil Crayon

My pencil experience does not extend beyond the Dixon Ticonderoga HB2 soft #2. It's a smooth writer. I remember putting these to the sharpener in my school days many decades ago. I'll be on the lookout for the Staedtler though.

For pencils I like to use a 0.5 mm mechanical: I have a Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth and a Parker Jotter. In fact, I have all three Parker Jotters in stainless steel: ballpoint, fountain pen, and mechanical pencil. I also have a Parker Jotter fountain pen with plastic barrel and a couple of Staedtler 2 mm lead holders and several grades of 2 mm lead. Finally, I have a Staedtler Noris Digital stylus for my tablet. It is made from a real wood pencil body but has an EMR tip.

For pencils I like to use a 0.5 mm mechanical: I have a Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth and a Parker Jotter. In fact, I have all three Parker Jotters in stainless steel: ballpoint, fountain pen, and mechanical pencil. I also have a Parker Jotter fountain pen with plastic barrel and a couple of Staedtler 2 mm lead holders and several grades of 2 mm lead. Finally, I have a Staedtler Noris Digital stylus for my tablet. It is made from a real wood pencil body but has an EMR tip.

That's a serious collection! i have a parker pen , its quality and refillable !!

Re:
That's a serious collection! i have a parker pen , its quality and refillable !!

:thumbsup: I've loved and have used the you-know-what out of Parker pens... I used to have to conduct home visits and periodically visited a retired doctor who asked more than once to examine/handle my Parker (which I always found interesting since he could likely own anything he wanted). I figured he was being nostalgic/might have owned one/some himself.

It's in the cup holder of my truck (which is at the mechanic) - or I might've taken/shared a photo.

Got nice blackwing pencis few years ago with nice waxed canvas case but haven't had the time I use it recently. Maybe I should dig it out for the summer. Just feels like I never have time for anything anymore and when I do I'm exchausted. Not good for creative work.

You've never used or needed a carpenters pencil ?
Pencils especially carpenters pencils are fantastic at removing rust from a knife or gun without scratches. It won’t hurt blueing or even the patina. Just color the rust away.

As far as writing goes I prefer to use Stadler mechanical drafting pencils. A Ace Rimmer mentioned.

Technically they are lead holders. Specifically 2mm thick lead it comes in different grades.

Got nice blackwing pencis few years ago with nice waxed canvas case but haven't had the time I use it recently. Maybe I should dig it out for the summer. Just feels like I never have time for anything anymore and when I do I'm exchausted. Not good for creative work.
Never heard of Blackwing so i googled it ... they look wicked! Bust em' out yo!!

Never heard of Blackwing so i googled it ... they look wicked! Bust em' out yo!!

I'm ignoramus on the subject but I believe they used to be favorite for many authors. Then they closed down but got resurrected in recent history. Very nice pencils!

Pens for most of my writing - Pentel Energel BL407 - nothing super fancy but I like the way they write.

Staedtler has been in my use for over 25 years, pencils, mechanicals, and lead holders - and lead, as well as a few other manufacturers that target the technical fields and artists.

there is no doubt there is a difference in a quality pencil vs your run of the mill school pencil

Back