Wrong handed Shave

So I just finished my first complete wrong handed shave. In the months leading up to my surgery I had practice a bit, but never did a complete shave with my right hand. Well two days after surgery I couldn't handle it any more and dove in. I knew it was going to feel wrong so I loaded up my gentlest blade, a Dorco, and started. One thing I never thought of was doing the prep work with my wrong hand, making a good lather one handed is not fun. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get a nice rich lather, my hand just wouldn't move properly to get it:eek:. Finally I just gave up and went with what I had.
The next problem that I never thought of was wetting my face, hard to do with one hand. You see I can only bend my left arm a degree or two at the most. Partly because of pain and mostly because of the band aide wrapped around my elbow. It make scratching, washing, and dressing fun too. Try washing your right armpit with your right hand:D.
So one to the shave itself. Getting a proper grip on the razor was a challenge, and once I would get it the razor would be twisted, but I finally got things lined up enough to shave. The first pass was rough and not as close as I like, but no nicks, second pass was better, and when I tried a s-n pass it just wasn't happening. Either I would be to flat or to high with the angle and would get no cutting. I finished up with a couple of crossing angle passes, not BBS but a good enough shave to say I am clean shaved and no nick or weepers. Rinsing and putting one my aftershave balm as interesting too.
What did I learn from this? Well I should have practiced more, but by the time I can use my left hand again I should be good with the right.

Back