WWII Woodsman's Pal

That's my problem with it. Can't turn the deluxe model around to use the hook better, and the hook itself is too "closed" to give adequate clearance during the cut. :eek:

Very cool. I am wierdly attracted to the bird's beak on the back of the blade. If I had one, I'd sharpen the "beak" all the way around.

Who'm I fooling, I'd sharpen that Woodsman's Pal thing around its entire circumference!

I've wanted one for a while and now I think im gonna get one...make it the "Zombie Hunter Pal" :D

I prefer this, though I'm a bit biased. ;)

CIMG8881.jpg

The "hook" is not for chopping, its for placing at the base of a small sapling, and pulling upwards. If you are holding the sapling in the other hand, this will cut the sapling at the base. It works great. The flat head (unsharpened) is intended as a makeshift shovel..and the sharpened edge...is for chopping or cutting...but you guys already new that.
The D-ring, actually lets you pull harder, so it helps..I used to have one without the D-ring, and it worked great. I used one of these for camping for most of my younger days...I bought it at a flea market for $7 in the late 80's...new.
I sold it, heavily used, at a gun show in TX for $45 about 6 years ago.
Honestly, I miss it.

Personally I find it much faster and easier to pull DOWN when snedding (removing branches at their base) because I not only get good control, but I can go through multiple branches if I so choose. I understand what it does--I just disagree with how it does it. :p

Back