WWIII Update …. Kydex sheath’s

Work on the WWIII’s sheaths will begin this weekend. They will be made in batches and sent to Craig (I am not sure of the batch sizes yet … I will keep you posted on what ships). My plan is to have all completed by the 29th of May.

My apologies for the delay. This year has been busier then expected and we have experienced some delays not related to this project. Last I spoke with Craig I had hoped to have all the sheaths finished by the 13 of this month; however, a few unexpected events have set us back a few weeks.

Our process is somewhat unique and requires a specialized forming machine. Because of its unique features we cannot simply by one; rather we must fabricating them in house. Currently We have ONE in operation. It runs two shifts six days a week (sometimes seven). Finding time on this machine for new projects is sometimes more difficult then I would like. This former works extremely well but since its introduction 2 years ago we have developed several additional advances. The prudence of putting such advances into play combined with our increased workload has created the necessity of two new thermal forming machines. The new machines include many enhanced features when compared to the old and when operational will reduce our reaction time and increase our potential output three fold. Our projection for the installation of these new formers was the first week of May. With several projects slotted for the new machines I estimated that the WWIII’s would be completed by the 13th. However, there have been some delays in getting the new formers on line. They should be complete this week saving any more unexpected problems. Keep in mind that we construct these items from scratch, completely in house. There are no directions on the box. Detailed planning has gone into the project; but as always, we have had to adjust the plan, as it becomes a reality.

The sheaths are being made to Craig’s specifications. However; if there is anything unique that you would like to see in your sheath (as we are making them one at a time) that is not too far a departure from the base design (i.e. right or left hand …) e-mail me before Friday with the # of your knife and I will make every effort to accommodate such request (with Craig’s permission that is).

The quality of our products and satisfaction of our customers is always our first priority.

------------------
“We are the pilgrims masters; we shall go, always, a little farther.”

Was starting to wonder about the WWIII's. Now I'm a happy camper again knowing what's happening with my baby
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thanks for the update!!!!!

------------------
http://www.dd-b.net/RKBA/ http://www.tcsn.net/doncicci/freedom.htm http://home.earthlink.net/~spwenger/spwenger.html http://216.199.9.84/Misc/library/Metal_and_Wood.html

Scott: Excellent news. I'm sure that I speak for the rest of the future WWIII owners when I say that better late than a slip-shod job!

Personally, I know I have contributed to the "delay" in completing this project. However, as I am one of a few who have actually seen a WWIII, I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that these babies are worth the wait. If I didn't think that, I'd have refunded everybody's deposit long ago and juggled a few chain saws!

We are excited, Scott. Keep up the good work.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Hey Craig, I've just read Scott's post on the sheaths and would really like lefty. I don't think I ever got a post with my number. Any chance you could check this for me?

Charley

------------------
who dares, wins

First off, let me say Hi. I've been lurking for a while, enjoying the discussions, but felt I should pipe up on this one.

I too would like a Lefty, since I have other items that I wear on the right that could interfere with the WWIII.

And I believe your #21 Phantom.

Phantom: You are indeed number 21 - but please email me ASAP as I need to check something out with you. Nothing bad - just boring stuff that can be handled off-line.

Guys: If you want your rigs specialized, you have to contact Edgeworks yourself, as I don't want to screw anything up in "translation."
smile.gif
Thanks.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

I know it's been said many times before, but it's worth repeating -- quality is worth waiting for.

Craig, any word from Scott? Honestly, I'm trying not to rush, and if he didn't get all the sheaths finished by the 29th, no biggie. It's just the suspense and anticipation of it all!! It's hard not to think about it. OK Chris, get a grip...

Xhead: Yes, we actually spoke yesterday (actually, I spoke to one of his co-workers because he was yelling in the background - he was doing WWIII sheaths!). I should see some WWIIIs next week. Keep your fingers crossed.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

So...how do ordinary mortals find out about
these special items? Are there any left?

Gorm, there were only 40 WWIII's made, and to the best of my knowledge, they're all taken. However, as Craig stated, if these turn out well and there is enough demand, he will look into starting the project again on a second batch for anyone who's interested.

Of course, there's always the possibility that one of the original 40 WWIII owners may sell you his.

QUOTE "Of course, there's always the possibility that one of the original 40 WWIII owners may sell you his." QUOTE Yeah and one day trained sheep will pilot the Concord!!! LOL!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Marcus

[This message has been edited by Marcus (edited 06-06-2000).]

Well, perhaps I may have been a tad optimistic.

------------------
"i have trouble with the persons with the signs
but i feel the need to make my own" --King's X

WWIII SN1 is definitely not for sale - would consider a trade for a mint Randall 2-8 with Heiser brown button sheath and ivorite commando handle
biggrin.gif

The sheaths for all the knives I have are nearly complete (two or three operations to go). I have been doing them in batches and finishing step "one" on all, then step "two" and so on. As such, they will all ship within a day or two of the first completed sheath. I had made every effort to ship prior to my leaving for the Blade show but with all the preparations I fell behind. I just returned to town yesterday bringing something unwanted back from the show and today I am feeling a bit under the weather. I may not get back to them until tomorrow. However, they will ship this week as I will do nothing else until they are all complete.

------------------

Scott: Yeah Baby!!!!!!!! You put the Grrrr in Kydex!

Guys: do you know what this means: for a lucky 12, WWIIIs are about a week away. I'm not on the list, sniff sniff, but I'm sort of glad that way. Officers eat after the rest of the Marines have had chow, and that's the way it should be here too. I'll take mine when everybody else gets theirs.

NEWSFLASH: Scott has a smattering of "regular" khukuris that I had him outfit with kydex sheaths, so those too should be available. The add-on price is $55.00 for a normal model fitted with a custom kydex sheath. He has SN1s, WWs, and even an Ang Khola I think. He also has a couple of HI khukuris you guys sent, as well as that one that somebody sent (they got it from their exchange student or something like that). I have the record here, but I don't have it handy).

GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! Let WWIII begin. I'll be there with my MOPP suit, my M16 and my WWIII ready to die in place.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Shipping WWIII knives with finished, premium quality
smile.gif
, Kydex sheaths to Craig … Packed raped and on the ramp … today.

#’s

That is all I have of the WWIII’s. Will do more when I receive them.

The sheath portion is unconditionally , satisfaction guaranteed by me. Anything that you do not like will be fixed repaired or replaced. Apologies, again for the delay.

------------------

Back