X-42 Recondo

Anyone have any pics of theirs in use? I was looking at the X-42 Recondo TiNi but I haven't seen any good pictures of it or anything with it in use. If anyone has an personal experience with this blade let me know. Thanks :)

Originally posted by torment
Anyone have any pics of theirs in use? I was looking at the X-42 Recondo TiNi but I haven't seen any good pictures of it or anything with it in use. If anyone has an personal experience with this blade let me know. Thanks :)

torment, my personal experience with the Recondo was I played with on in a knife shop almost 2 years ago. Does that count? lol

Sergiusz Mitin, posted some pics of the Recondo, Field knife, field pup and sculptura this thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=229499&highlight=x42+recondo. Check em out, they are cool:cool:.

So why is the Field Knife preferred over the Recondo? I kinda like the all black blade style of the TiNi Recondo.

Originally posted by torment

So why is the Field Knife preferred over the Recondo? I kinda like the all black blade style of the TiNi Recondo.

I think it's because the Field knife is more of a Camp knife, where as the Recondo is more Military oriented. I do a lot of camping and cooking, so that really influences my knife buying.

But, one of these days I hope to have all three. The Recondo, Field knife and Field Pup.:D:D

I just bought a Recondo !! what IS my problem ??? Should be arriving in the next few days.

All I know is (and please don't tell anyone at SOG !!): I just might grind out the serrations (adding recurve) and round off that sharp pointy "tanto" corner on the cutting edge near the point. If can't have fun using power tools, well, I don't know......

Cheers,

Carl

Carl, if you have a problem, then I have one too;) lol. I just bought two knives from Himalayan Imports and am just waiting for my taxes to be deposited so I can order a couple SOGs.:D

Interesting idea on those mods. I'd love to see pics when your done.:cool:

Originally posted by New Pig Hunter
I just bought a Recondo !! what IS my problem ??? Should be arriving in the next few days.

All I know is (and please don't tell anyone at SOG !!): I just might grind out the serrations (adding recurve) and round off that sharp pointy "tanto" corner on the cutting edge near the point. If can't have fun using power tools, well, I don't know......

Cheers,

Carl

Carl,
Enjoy the mods...;) That BG-42 will be fun to grind...:grumpy: .
Basically you will be making a Field knife out of your Recondo???:D
My personal preference is the Field knife for the reasons listed; the Recondo is a fine tactical knife...:cool:

Hey Carl, instead of making mods to your Recondo, why don't you just order a Field Knife from Loretta? I know she had some in stock, well, that was BEFORE I talked to her this morning:D he he he he

Fellow SOGites,

The down$dirty is that I got in over my head on the Recondo.... e-chatted with the seller a lot and just couldn't say 'no' after wastin' so much of his time.... and then he showed me the awesome (other brand) knife he was also selling.....
well, I'll just leave off by saying that no-way no-how could I get my wallet open that large, and I haven't yet stopped drooling nor expect to in the next week or three.

So what I really want is the Field Knife but an errant wayward sample never dropped by to set up housekeeping.... and then the Recondo became available.... and I couldn't make up my mind.... and..... well, y'all make up some more excuses for me, I'm done.

So I'm gonna mess about with some power tools and diamond hones and rat-tail files and ceramic rods just to see how much damage I can do, and how much I can have in the process.
The fundamentals of the game plan are a tummy-tuck here and a nose job there.... and just like a movie starlet, pretty soon she'll be "real purty" and ready for casting call !!

Cheers,

Carl

Just make sure you and the "purty" Starlet Grind Safely...;) :D :rolleyes:
Sounds like fun, let us see the results. I saw what you did with the SK5 Tigger:D that was cool.

I'm expecting the 3 "F's": fun, frolicsome, and frustrating.... with the heavy emphasis on FUN !!

Yeh, I'm even gonna break out some single malt and a good cigar or two.... if those don't steady my hand during the delicate surgery....

I'll take some before&after pics with a lousy digital camera... better yet, I'll just take 'er into the office for an after-the-fact flat-bed scan or two and pass those along to be used in evidence against me.

Yeh, the gun-blued Tigershark is holding up pretty well.... get's lots of oooh's and aaah's !!

Cheers,

Carl

Back