XL Apogee 's "From The House Of Ralph" (pics)

DRA.jpg

So Mark, what do I win
wink.gif
? All kidding aside, very nice knife. That is the Apogee style I really like. I much prefer the heavier looking blade to that of the slim. Enjoy!

------------------
It's only a mistake if you fail to learn from it!

blademan13, Thanks! Yeap, you are a true knife collector and you are sharp .... just like my signature says ......

------------------
" Knife Collectors Are Sharp People - Most of the time that is! "

I got an Apogee Illusion in the 4" and it does have quite a "NEAT" factor!!!! Thanks for the pics, Dudley

Beauty! Can't wait to get mine back from the man.....

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

Thanks Gary! The pic really doesn't do it justice though! I told Darrel I wanted the anodizing to be blue-purple with no gold if possible, well, he mastered that coloring for me! If you hold it up in natural light, you can see the blues and purples standing out brilliantly on both these knives and they just flow together. Just wish it showed up better in the scans that I did, but with artificial lighting, I guess they turned out pretty well in these pics.

The blade, yeap, that's what I wanted too. Love the grinds DR did on these.

Hope you get yours back soon Gary! Let's us know .....

Mark

Mark!

I have one in XL just like it.As a matter of fact the one I own was in the last issue of Blade magazine.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.
biggrin.gif

Love that 420-V steel.

Larry

Hey Larry, what issue of Blade Mag was it in? I'd like to see it! Can you post it here as well?

Larry, use yours alot yet? I'm still looking for something to cut around here
smile.gif

Mark

Hi Mark, you've got yourself 2 beauties there.

I noticed you buy knives in two's.

Oh, I think I know. Twins!? Equal opportunity in knives for your 2 boys.

Great knife you have there and you have reasons to be proud of them.

2d_edge
My knives photos

Mark!

I have had mine for about 3 months, and carry it daily every since I got it.Even though the blade is built for it, I have not used it for any hard heavy chores.Just the normal daily stuff, cardboard boxes, plastic ties, etc.But even from just cutting these items like the plastic ties, it is still holding an edge well.Guess I'm still afraid to use it hard.I have other knives for hard users that I don't care if I scratch, etc.
In the May 2000 issue of Blade magazine, it is on page 66 under the article "Sharpest Images:State-Of-The-Art Designs".I even bought an extra issue, and put it in a zip-loc bag, just because it is the same knife, and I am proud of it.
biggrin.gif
I know, "show-off".But you have 2, and that is even better.
smile.gif

Larry

Hold on here, I see that you have #19 and #20? I received #20 in the fall of last year! I got Darrel to make me a complete matching set of all three sizes serial numbered 20, my lucky number.

Something is not right here; I'll drop Darrel a line.
------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

[This message has been edited by stjames (edited 04-27-2000).]

James
These are a set of twins . I numbered them number 20S for twin set at Marks request.
If this is any problem Im sure Mark and I can work it out. I felt it didnt interfer with the numbered earlier Knives. There are not 20 large apogee numbered models out there .
Mark got the last of the frames that I build and All large apogees in the large size from this point forward will be a Custom apogee order.

So once again if its a conflict let me know well work it out.

------------------
Web Site At www.infinet.com/~browzer/bldesmth.html
New Web at www.darrelralph.com

Darrel, thanks for giving me a call, that was very courteous of you. I enjoyed talking with you, and hope you have a good trip to Atlanta.

It is always good to work things out right away, and I appreciate your concerns about my feeling on the matter. I am sure that everyone will be happy with the outcome.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the numbers because they are different numbers as well as knives. 20, 20C, 20G, 20S, 20Z, etc. are different numbers! Just as serial numbers on other items could be the same except with different letters added to them does make them different and unique. Plus if I am correct, the Apogee James got has the original blade which is different then the blade mine has, making it a different knife. I have no problem what soever with the numbers, to me they are different, James is #20, mine is #20S.

Also, James #20 is 1999 version, mine #20S is a 2000 version, they are different as the numbers are. Just my thoughts re: this.
smile.gif

Mark

I nearly shorted out my keyboard just drooling over your knives, Mark. Very nice, Darrel!

-Greg

2d_edge, thanks, yes, I always buy more than one at a time but not always because of my twins. With the Sebenzas it turned out that way, but with these Apogee's I have one tucked away in my collection and the other I am carring so I can use it. I did make my first cut with it last night, I cut a loose string that was dangling off my shirt!
biggrin.gif

Larry, I got to get me a copy of that issue that your knife is in, will make a nice addition to my collection! Hopefully you got some free copies from Blade Mag, right?
wink.gif

Greg, hope your keyboard is still okay, you'll need to use it when typing your request to Darrel Ralph for a couple Apogee's too, you got to do it Greg!
smile.gif

James, talk to Darrel, we talked!

Mark

Mark, I'm awaiting my medium from Darrel which will arrive next week. It's been hell since I lost my first Apogee. If anyone ever finds this lefty:
open.jpg

I have a reward out for it.

-Greg

Oh Greg, how in the h e double toothpicks could you have lost that puppy? It's probably out there somewhere now crying for you, it's master! Can you really replace it?

Hopefully if anyone has this pup, you'll see it in your heart to return it to it's master ... reward!
smile.gif

Mark

Back