Yet another Alan Davis

d.r.h.

starik
Platinum Member
Should come as no surprise that I just love Alan's work .... in particular, his linerlocks. His latest features a 3.25 inch Alabama Damascus blade, Curly Koa wood scales and sort of purplish/blue anodized liners and clip. Gotta tell you, size is just about perfect. Thumb stud length and position are spot on for opening this knife and it is one of the smoothest opening knives in my Davis collection. I would like to say he did an outstanding job on this knife ..... but all of his knives are outstanding, so that would be kind of rhetorical!! Here are a few pics.

ADCKoaLL7.jpg

ADCKoaLL8.jpg

ADCKoaLL3.jpg

ADCKoaLL4.jpg

:eek: Quite possibly one of the most beautiful knives I have ever seen! I will dream about this.....

Here is an updated picture of my complete Alan Davis collection. Like I said ..... love his work!

ADCollection8-13.jpg

Fabulous knife and collection. I especially like the mokume gane bolstered ones. But your new knife is hard to beat.

Looks to me like you are taking all the good stuff he makes !!! Good for you and him both !!! Frank

Just trying to do my part to stimulate the economy Frank! Now ....... I could go broke adding some of your pieces!!! That, however, is in the plan ..... not the going broke part, just the adding pieces part!!!!

Could you tell me the function of the two smaller screws on the non-clip side? They don't seem to go all the way through... are they tapped into the liners to keep the scale in place? That is an amazing looking knife. I hope I can make something similar someday.

Could you tell me the function of the two smaller screws on the non-clip side? They don't seem to go all the way through... are they tapped into the liners to keep the scale in place?

That's what their purpose is.

Back