Yet another suggestion....small Starmate

I just informed my dear wife of the possibility that smaller Military and Starmate knives will be available in the future. Her comment was simply that it's nice I have something to look forward to. Indeed!
ptn

I was originally thinking of something about the size of a Benchmade (I hate having to say that word on this forum) Mini Stryker. I use this one for an example because it has a straight profile like the Starmate.

I can't believe that you guys are actually gonna make one....this will be great.

------------------
Chad
pillshovel@netscape.net

"The mind is a terrible thing to taste." Al Jourgensen 1989

OOOOOHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH.
even more beautiful.

------------------
A dedicated ELU
Buck Collectors Club Member
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)

[This message has been edited by Brian Lavin (edited 09 November 1999).]

I agree with Pillshovel, a knife about the size of the Mini Stryker would be good. I say a blade length between 2.7-2.9 ". The blade should definitely be under 3" and an overall length of about 6.9-7.2" would give it enough handle to make it practical.

I was about to post on the Zowada thread, saying that I'd like to have a Zowada the size of a Starmate. Now you guys want a Starmate the size of a Zowada.
wink.gif
Oh well, I'd be happy to get a Shabaria, the size of a Shabaria!
smile.gif

------------------
Protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms!

Yes, keep the blade between 2.7 and 2.9 inches. Thinner blade stock and handles as well.

The main reason I haven't bought a BM mini-stryker is because of the tanto blade. Put a mini-Starmate up against it head-to-head and Spyderco will win out (at least in my book).

Jon

Geeeeze!!!!

Another Spyderco on my list!!!! Don't you guys have enough of my money already!!!!
smile.gif

Can't wait. Thanks
Ross T.

Can't wait!

I'd like to see a 3" blade. That's as big as I can legally carry in Michigan. Tim Wenger Jr size would be perfect for me. But please please please if you make a partially serrated blade I'd prefer a tad fewer serrations than what's on the PS Wenger Jr.

Just my own bias.

------------------
Hoodoo

Doubt grows with knowledge.
--Goethe

Add my vote to the project.
A mini-Starmate would be just great!
Please make the clip black, tip down.

Costas

Thank You!

The knife will need some time in R&D? that's fine so I have enough time saving the money for the knives.
Greetings
red

A smaller Starmate would be very nice. Blade length between 2.7 and 2.9 inches. That way all the non knife people that I know wont spaz when I use. Please keep the 440v steel.

------------------
Shawn R Sullivan
~San Diego, Ca~

Me too! Me too!

I cried when I couldn't track down a Terzuola Jr., and the Starmate is even sweeter...

I was looking for a used C19GPS Terzuola jr then I found this thread. Maybe I'll wait. This looks worth the wait.

Who am I fooling, there's room for both at the house.

Back