You can take the knife knut out of the Swamp, but you can't take...

silenthunterstudios

Slipjoint Addict
Platinum Member
... the Swamp out of the knife knut. One of the models that got me started on high quality knives was the Bog Dog, followed by the Camp Tramp, Battle Rat, and Howling Rat. A few variations along the way, including a Swamp Warden. I drifted away, but now, after seeing some threads, and hunting for a Busse Game Warden, I've decided I want my Swamp Rats again.

Except for the Swamp Warden (not much on those types of handles), I am looking for the BD, CT, BR and HR. No special versions, I'll probably remove any coatings if I get them. SR101, D2, doesn't matter. I've seen a few used models out there.

Is this going to be a lost cause? I know that some of these are pretty old. In Busse family years :D. I haven't even started looking!

Man, so many knives I wish I would've held onto. I would say the Bog Dog and Camp Tramp are pretty high on that list. :(

Welcome back! :D :D

As far as the hunt goes, that's part of the fun for most.

Its all in knowing who to pester (as I found out recently ;) ) I got a much needed pattern knife and the other fellow got an old and hard to find Swampy. Its all good! :D

There is a tan Camp Tramp up now at a pretty reasonable price. The Bog Dog? Few and far between but they do happen.

It's not a lost cause at all. It will just require a bit of patience *or* a heavy dowry!

Back