You guys were right...

I just got an email from Steve at Coal Creek Forge, which contained the following attachments:

4288226797_fd17343133_b.jpg

4288226505_514d60678a_b.jpg

This will be my first hawk and I think it looks incredible. I can already tell it won't be my last purchase from Steve.

Being that this is my first hawk, I'm curious to learn more about what is considered acceptable use versus what is considered abuse.

you can do anything with a hawk (especially one made by steve) that you can with a hatchet. the difference is that hawks and hatchets perform better in different areas. splitting v chopping for example. im sure you could throw it with no problems, chopping, pounding stakes and whatnot around camp. anything you need a tool like this for, im sure it would hold up quite well to.

Throw it, throw it, throw it, throw it, Did I say Throw it... ;-)))
When a Steve hawk sticks, it STICKS sooo deep ya have to pry it out. ;-))

Congrats on your new hawk, throw it.

Best regards

Robin

Wow that looks excellent. Someone send me an email regarding price of a similar piece?

What kind of coating is on the head?

I wouldn't mind having a spike hawk. I've tried searching for pics of his work but it seems they are hard to come by.

I have a CCF spike hawk, its amazing, i love it, GET ONE. Every time i see one of steve's works of art on here my money slips farther and farther out of my hand. People can't say enough good stuff about his work.

I love the hammer head that Steve made me. I can not wait to figure out what I want nex have the man/master make it! COngrats, you will be hooked once it is in hand.

I went home for lunch today and while I was there the PO delivered my new hawk. I didn't have much time since I had to get back to work, but I did unwrap it and look it over. The entire piece was covered with bubble wrap, though the top corner of the blade did try to liberate itself. If you can believe it, it looks even better in person and the balance is fantastic (no I didn't have time to throw it yet!). I went back through my emails and my initial email to Steve was at 11:40am on 1/14. Thats right, one week ago today. Talk about service. Steve managed to forge out a custom hawk, haft it and have it delivered within one week! Needless to say, I'm impressed. If you're on the fence about buying from Steve, you shouldn't have any doubts.

I went home for lunch today and while I was there the PO delivered my new hawk. I didn't have much time since I had to get back to work, but I did unwrap it and look it over. The entire piece was covered with bubble wrap, though the top corner of the blade did try to liberate itself. If you can believe it, it looks even better in person and the balance is fantastic (no I didn't have time to throw it yet!). I went back through my emails and my initial email to Steve was at 11:40am on 1/14. Thats right, one week ago today. Talk about service. Steve managed to forge out a custom hawk, haft it and have it delivered within one week! Needless to say, I'm impressed. If you're on the fence about buying from Steve, you shouldn't have any doubts.

You'll love throwing that hawk, they fly like a Hawk ;-)

Steve forged six for me and had them in the mail in 7 days after I ordered them. Unfortunately, Good old Canada Post lost them for two months ;-(((.

Have fun

Regards
Robin

Back