You know what I like about Fiddleback Forge...

madcap_magician

Farts rainbows.
Platinum Member
This is weird, but bear with me. I like the handle material selection.

So much of the knife market these days is black and tactical, and I just really like that so many FF knives are bright and cheerful colors.

Andy Roy is like the Bob Ross of the knife world, making happy little knives instead of painting happy little trees.

Comprehensivist Comprehensivist that is one of the nicest Fiddlebacks that I have ever seen! One day I hope to have some of that starry night in my hand I will not let go. Fiddleback Fiddleback you had me at bolsters. madcap_magician madcap_magician you are right I never thought I would end up with many of the same model but its the handle materials and also the slight variance in shaping.

Last edited:
This is weird, but bear with me. I like the handle material selection.

So much of the knife market these days is black and tactical, and I just really like that so many FF knives are bright and cheerful colors.

Andy Roy is like the Bob Ross of the knife world, making happy little knives instead of painting happy little trees.

As an artist myself I really like the way you put this, and I agree. Having spent much of the last 12 years working with companies like RMJ Tactical and a few others, developing specialized equipment for our special warfare guys to use to quietly disassemble enemy personnel, its was easy to fall into the darkness of all that for a while due to all the unrequited rage from my youth. Then I later burned out on it all completely. Luckily, through the later years of it, I was also playing with a few Fiddlebacks here and there along the way, which helped to recenter me when things got too dark. That is exactly why I kept waiting on Andy to finish developing the fighter that seemed to be playing around the periphery of his scope for so long, and waited on him to finish developing what is now the Protagonist model for the calendar project. I wanted something very vicious made from his personality and perspective. He makes a lot of knife models that fit the theme of Middle Earth, but so do a few others. What I knew was somewhere inside of Andy, once I had seen the Bourbon Street Skinner and his earlier fighter model, was something vicious but looked like it was made in Rivendale, or perhaps Loth Lorien, rather than having been made in some place like Mordor. So now even the most wicked bladed knife I own, I still see as being rather light and cheerful in nature.
1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

I like the pink pinstripes on my Bushboot!
Hosted on Fotki
Because of that pink pinstripe, I've completely discounted some knives that I otherwise would have snapped up in a heartbeat. Maybe I need to think of this as more of a really light red. I dunno, my mind would probably register "pink" every time I glanced at it.

Because of that pink pinstripe, I've completely discounted some knives that I otherwise would have snapped up in a heartbeat. Maybe I need to think of this as more of a really light red. I dunno, my mind would probably register "pink" every time I glanced at it.
I've let a lot of knives get past me because of yellow pinstripes! :eek:

Back