You know you are SAKs lover when...

1. you also love and admire Macgyver...

2. you grab SAK in your pocket instead of using a real screwdriver when there's a screw loose and need tightening...

3. you feel confident when carry one in your pocket and feel naked without SAK (even when you pocket other tactical or hi end folder).

4. you spend most of the time admiring the SAK instead of using it (well got to admit, the alox 93mm and 84mm models are solid and beautiful!)...

5. your close friends or family ask you when they need scissor, screwdriver or knife to cut things...

6. you carry your nice hi end folder but still use your SAK mostly to cut things...

7. you collect SAKs fotos just to enjoy see them latter....

8. you got several models and back up of the same models even when you never broke one...

9. all your close one got SAKs (mostly classic) as a gift... and for presents, SAKs are the first thing cross your mind...

10. this forum makes you feel not alone... and you enjoy every reading about SAKs...

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!...

now, any one care to add? hehehe...

Yea but there are so many to choose from, which one should you edc ?
I would always have to have a saw on mine, I dont know why just think any good MT should have a saw on it.
Merry Christmas

You know when you're a sak lover when;

You'd rather have a farmer or even a soldier rather than a sebbanza. After all, the sebbi is only a knife!:D

Carl.

You know you're a sak lover when:

You've bought over a hundred of them and still want more. :cool:

7. you collect SAKs fotos just to enjoy see them latter....

8. you got several models and back up of the same models even when you never broke one...

9. all your close one got SAKs (mostly classic) as a gift... and for presents, SAKs are the first thing cross your mind...

10. this forum makes you feel not alone... and you enjoy every reading about SAKs...

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!...

now, any one care to add? hehehe...

GUILTY of all of the above.

And,

--You buy variants and back ups of variants of the same blade over the years

--Think of ways to use ALL the SAK tools on a model (did tht with a Swisschamp

When you get the Swiss Shield and Cross tattoed on your forehead.

You put your $100+ tacticals away and just carry a Classic and other SAK instead.

Bye bye Spyderco. You served me very well for a good number of years:thumbup:

Hello Victorinox and Wenger:p

You put your $100+ tacticals away and just carry a Classic and other SAK instead.

Bye bye Spyderco. You served me very well for a good number of years:thumbup:

Hello Victorinox and Wenger:p

HAHAH....... now you're talking. I put away some very nice Chris Reeve folders since I've found how useful my Vic Alox SAKs are!

- Tom

Hahahahhaha!!!!! you know you're a SAK lover... when you laugh how similar you are with the points in this topic!

thanks for replies guys... great add on!

11. You have the Victorinox website bookmarked on your iPhone/PC, and check it frequently, hoping for a new SAK with just the right tools, new models, or colors, etc.

12. You didn't hear what your wife was just saying to you, because you were fondling the Alox Soldier in your pocket.

When you think about Christmas, you aren't thinking about what the gifts are, but what is the perfect Sak to have in your pocket to be able open any of them.

You are a SAK lover when in addition to the Victorinox(s) in your pocket, you realize there is a Victorinox watch on your wrist, you are wearing a Victorinox shirt and EDC bag is Victorinox...too much of a good thing?

You are a SAK lover when in addition to the Victorinox(s) in your pocket, you realize there is a Victorinox watch on your wrist, you are wearing a Victorinox shirt and EDC bag is Victorinox...too much of a good thing?

That's just plain weird . . . I have a lot of the same. Gotta agree with #10 in the original post . . .

Added to all above: you're a SAK lover when you name your son Karl en your daughter Victoria.

When you will bypass the perfectly good can opener (or scissors, or screwdriver) in your kitchen drawer and use your SAK.

When walking in the woods you fell timber big enough to build a log cabin with your SAK saw, just because you can.

Just a story - back in the day when my son got his driver's license I gave him a "Classic SD" for his new car keys! - a year later when my daughter got her license and a car key - she wanted to know where her "Classic SD" was too! - I gave her mine and bought a new one! both kids are now over 40! And O yeah! my wife already had hers!
Peace and Merry Christmas
Revvie

When you will bypass the perfectly good can opener (or scissors, or screwdriver) in your kitchen drawer and use your SAK.

that is the truth. I used to carry a spartan that a patron on a fishing trip i was working gave to me. It was a company promo knife. I carried and used it almost exclusively until i wore out the main blade. Then i switched to a recruit that i found in my dorm suite after a party. The entire time i carried the spartan I would never use the kitchen can opener, just the one on the knife. Same with the recruit.

I just recently added an original leatherman to the recruit and used the can opener on it to open the chicken broth for piccatta the other night. :D

I find myself using the recruit's tools on my lobster boat when a screw needs tightening even though i have screwdrivers in the cabin. :p

You know you're a SAK lover when you edc a Huntsman,Alox Soldier,Classic,and a Rambler,all at the same time:eek::D.Merry Christmas!!

Back