Off Topic Your all invited to Australia šŸ¦˜šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ

a 10 guage to take care of any legless lizards (since it is unlikely all can/will be in the same pit mine where a nuke could be used to vaporize them, making Australia a legless lizard free zone, like Ireland allegedly is. I suspect some ā€Šsicko's who quote/unquote "thought" those vile demonic things would make a good "pet" (since when did demons (a) become domesticated (b) suitable "pets"?!?) have released theirs intentionally and unintentionally. šŸ˜”šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬)

A 12 guage (Mossberg 590 or 500 or Browning A5) along with ... I dunno ... would 20 cases be enough? ... 2.75" #7 shot "Rabbit & Squirrel"/"Upland Game" shot shell, along with a case or three of 2 .75" slugs for roo and big arse baby people eating lizards.
Maybe a Anschutz 54:30 .22 with long range tang sight, and 5000 rounds Eley Tenex for sniping bunnies at 200 yards?
A Bunny Knife for peeling the bunnies and preparing some for bunny stew and Hossenphepher.

Is there a special "Roo Knife" for peeling, and prepping Roo for the grill/smoker/sausage grinder/freezer? Or, is say a two blade slipjoint folding hunter or Western L66 (or F66, if one wants "fancy") sufficient and acceptable?

Mitchell 300 on 6'6" Garcia or Shakespeare Ugly Stick fiberglass rod (or Shakespeare Tiger 9' salamon rod) should cover all my freshwater fishing, maybe take a 15' take-down bamboo cane pole for when that would be a better choice. Saltwater fishing if on the agenda would be my P.U.M. equipped Mitchell 302 on a older Ugly Stick 12 foot surf rod.

Do y'all carry Mountain Dew soda in your grub stores? If not, I'll need to bring a few pallets worth of 2 liters with me.

Am I allowed to ship home the hydes of the bunny and roo I turned off if I have them tanned there?
Can at least some of the meat be shipped home if jerked or smoked?
Or would it all go towards feeding the area villages, like an African Safari for The Big 5 or The Big 6 did back in Teddy Roosevelt's and Winston Churchill's day?

Is a gallon of DEET insect repellent enough for a weeks stay? I read online (so it must be true šŸ™„) that every bug (and critter, fish, plan ... pretty much everything ...) in Australia wants to kill and eat "humans" ... if true, perhaps a selective fire MAC 10 or UZI with folding shoulder stock, In .45ACP or 10mm/.40 S&W (and 40 or 50 50 round stick magazines) would be a good idea for self defense against the herds of murderous revenge seeking bunnies?

Forgive my asking, but I'm curious.
I know y'all have a serious overpopulation of both invasive bunnies and ferrel house cats.
Adult house cats hunt, kill, and eat bunnies. (at least all of mine did, when I was getting taller, and we had a cat (or two).
Why are the ferrel house cats being trapped and killed, when they are a predator of the bunnies ... not to mention the invasive house mouse and European rats (descendents of the stowaways aboard the supply and "colony" (invasion) ships when the Brits first "settled" (invaded) your lands) y'all ave an over abundance of every so often?

Oh, my SAK's would be a Hercules, Evo Grip 14 (or 17, or Huntsman) and a Mini Champ.
Multi tool ... I only have one, a Leatherman Charge+ TTI.

EDIT:
Forgot to ask ... Is it legal to trap bug and mouse eating spiders and export them home alive? (or mebbe put them in the checked luggage?) šŸ˜
Do you have any sn ... sn ... legless lizard eating spiders? šŸ˜Š

Last edited:
Iā€™m not 100% sure what Iā€™d need, so Iā€™d probably pick some basic gearā€¦
Vic Pioneer X
Fallkniven F1
Browning BLR in .223
Ruger SBH in .44 magnum
Iā€™m only bringing the .44 because I have everything from heavy hollow points to shotshells for snakes.

If I bring boxing gloves can I fight a kangaroo? Iā€™m sure itā€™d be a ā€œhold my beerā€ event.

Dan thinks heā€™s real funny with the snake and spider pictures. Heā€™s just forgetting one thing, I donā€™t have to outrun the snake I just have to outrun him and thatā€™s easy to do if I accidentally shoot his big toe off ;)

Since I donā€™t have a holiday knife, the closest I have is an Outdoorsman.

D8C0FB9C-F66E-46F6-9054-6BECD8F445B2.jpegCF5A3351-A77E-4A8D-8239-0E8B8D108B63.jpeg
And the fire starter on the back side would come in handy because I have no doubt Dan would take me on an adventure in the Snowy mountains. Touting the capabilities of his 2 wheel drive Ute, getting us stuck and forcing us to spend the night in the bush.
14DAD099-8D8C-4EEC-9692-FDAB8339F1B7.jpegIā€™d bring my .450 Marlin along for the spiders. But I donā€™t think the factory 350 grain Hornady load would be enough so Iā€™d load some stout 405 grain bullets for deeper penetration!!!D1297AF8-90AE-472C-BFFB-CD56DCFE1A8D.jpeg

For doing a little Roo or Goat hunting I think Iā€™d bring either the .357 or .44 lever gun.4770390C-9BB0-4DAC-9247-1DA4D447C193.jpeg822E0E3A-73B5-4E76-B3DF-FEAF0A519EFD.jpeg

For playing around I think a Bearcat on the hip would sufficeā€¦

2F3944A9-6855-4F1A-BA45-5BAD22A608B9.jpeg
and lastly, a good old Buck 112 drop point for skinning purposesā€¦.even skinning Dan if he tries something foolish like putting a snake in my bed:mad::mad::mad:F8ADD626-6C77-4C6D-9501-154F9F898F8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Dan thinks heā€™s real funny with the snake and spider pictures. Heā€™s just forgetting one thing, I donā€™t have to outrun the snake I just have to outrun him and thatā€™s easy to do if I accidentally shoot his big toe off ;)

Since I donā€™t have a holiday knife, the closet I have is an Outdoorsman.

View attachment 2044641View attachment 2044642
And the fire starter on the back side would come in handy because I have no doubt Dan would take me on an adventure in the Snowy mountains. Touting the capabilities of his 2 wheel drive Ute, getting us stuck and forcing us to spend the night in the bush.
View attachment 2044649Iā€™d bring my .450 Marlin along for the spiders. But I donā€™t think the factory 350 grain Hornady load would be enough so Iā€™d load some stout 405 grain bullets for deeper penetration!!!View attachment 2044656

For doing a little Roo or Goat hunting I think Iā€™d bring either the .357 or .44 lever gun.View attachment 2044657View attachment 2044658

For playing around I think a Bearcat on the hip would sufficeā€¦

View attachment 2044660
and lastly, a good old Buck 112 drop point for skinning purposesā€¦.even skinning Dan if he tries something foolish like putting a snake in my bed:mad::mad::mad:View attachment 2044663
Thats funny right there!!
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
John

Iā€™m not 100% sure what Iā€™d need, so Iā€™d probably pick some basic gearā€¦
Vic Pioneer X
Fallkniven F1
Browning BLR in .223
Ruger SBH in .44 magnum
Iā€™m only bringing the .44 because I have everything from heavy hollow points to shotshells for snakes.

If I bring boxing gloves can I fight a kangaroo? Iā€™m sure itā€™d be a ā€œhold my beerā€ event.
Kangaroos are no joke...
Roger-the-musclebound-kangaroo-is-back--and-it-looks-like-hes-been-hitting-the-weights.jpg
This is not my photo. This kangaroos name is Roger. Red kangaroos are the boss of the bush. The eastern Grey can also stand 6+ feet's tall.

Sheesh
Everyone bringing an arsenal

And trying to shoot off big toes

No wonder the Aussies think us Americans are violent
I like to think that Iā€™m prepared, Australia seems like a scary place. My choice of a compact rifle was based on cheap ammo (because Iā€™m bringing a metric ton) and my ability to get it out the window fast in case we are attacked in a vehicle by gawd knows what. Crocodile Dundee didnā€™t carry a Case Peanut, right?ā€¦.crap, maybe I should bring my Bowie instead of the F1.

Last edited:
.270 to secure kangaroo steaks.
12 gauge for rabbit hunting
.22 for same
25 gallons of maple syrup
Griswold Dutch oven to cook aforementioned kangaroos and rabbits
Swisschamp
Sheath knife from David Mary of some flavor
These things, along with the normal travel fare and I think I'd be set.

Kangaroos are no joke...
View attachment 2044788
This is not my photo. This kangaroos name is Roger. Red kangaroos are the boss of the bush. The eastern Grey can also stand 6+ feet's tall.
Iā€™m ok with that, to stand eye to eye heā€™s gonna need to be 6 1/2 ft tall. I want a story to tell šŸ˜‚, and if he ends me, Iā€™ll be a legend. The crazy American who thought it was a good idea to fight a kangaroo bare handed.

Now Jim if you were to hurt my big toe we would definitely get "stuck" in the bush.
Good choice of guns mate šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»

Reactions: 315
a 10 guage to take care of any legless lizards (since it is unlikely all can/will be in the same pit mine where a nuke could be used to vaporize them, making Australia a legless lizard free zone, like Ireland allegedly is. I suspect some ā€Šsicko's who quote/unquote "thought" those vile demonic things would make a good "pet" (since when did demons (a) become domesticated (b) suitable "pets"?!?) have released theirs intentionally and unintentionally. šŸ˜”šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬)

A 12 guage (Mossberg 590 or 500 or Browning A5) along with ... I dunno ... would 20 cases be enough? ... 2.75" #7 shot "Rabbit & Squirrel"/"Upland Game" shot shell, along with a case or three of 2 .75" slugs for roo and big arse baby people eating lizards.
Maybe a Anschutz 54:30 .22 with long range tang sight, and 5000 rounds Eley Tenex for sniping bunnies at 200 yards?
A Bunny Knife for peeling the bunnies and preparing some for bunny stew and Hossenphepher.

Is there a special "Roo Knife" for peeling, and prepping Roo for the grill/smoker/sausage grinder/freezer? Or, is say a two blade slipjoint folding hunter or Western L66 (or F66, if one wants "fancy") sufficient and acceptable?

Mitchell 300 on 6'6" Garcia or Shakespeare Ugly Stick fiberglass rod (or Shakespeare Tiger 9' salamon rod) should cover all my freshwater fishing, maybe take a 15' take-down bamboo cane pole for when that would be a better choice. Saltwater fishing if on the agenda would be my P.U.M. equipped Mitchell 302 on a older Ugly Stick 12 foot surf rod.

Do y'all carry Mountain Dew soda in your grub stores? If not, I'll need to bring a few pallets worth of 2 liters with me.

Am I allowed to ship home the hydes of the bunny and roo I turned off if I have them tanned there?
Can at least some of the meat be shipped home if jerked or smoked?
Or would it all go towards feeding the area villages, like an African Safari for The Big 5 or The Big 6 did back in Teddy Roosevelt's and Winston Churchill's day?

Is a gallon of DEET insect repellent enough for a weeks stay? I read online (so it must be true šŸ™„) that every bug (and critter, fish, plan ... pretty much everything ...) in Australia wants to kill and eat "humans" ... if true, perhaps a selective fire MAC 10 or UZI with folding shoulder stock, In .45ACP or 10mm/.40 S&W (and 40 or 50 50 round stick magazines) would be a good idea for self defense against the herds of murderous revenge seeking bunnies?

Forgive my asking, but I'm curious.
I know y'all have a serious overpopulation of both invasive bunnies and ferrel house cats.
Adult house cats hunt, kill, and eat bunnies. (at least all of mine did, when I was getting taller, and we had a cat (or two).
Why are the ferrel house cats being trapped and killed, when they are a predator of the bunnies ... not to mention the invasive house mouse and European rats (descendents of the stowaways aboard the supply and "colony" (invasion) ships when the Brits first "settled" (invaded) your lands) y'all ave an over abundance of every so often?

Oh, my SAK's would be a Hercules, Evo Grip 14 (or 17, or Huntsman) and a Mini Champ.
Multi tool ... I only have one, a Leatherman Charge+ TTI
Feral cats are the worst and they are the biggest killer of native birds. I'm sorry I hate cats.

As long as I can see spiders and avoid them Iā€™m good. But if I ever experienced anything like the scene in the beginning of the first Indiana Jones movie, Iā€™d move to the city and never turn the lights offā€¦.EVER

Back