Your choice for a boot knife

Gerber Applegate/Fairbairn makes a boot knife version of their fixed combat blade.
It has 440C.

I don't know if Camillus uses 440C in their CP75, but it's small, light and recommendable anyhow.

A boot knife is (hopefully) used only once. After that, it is either thrown away (to remove evidence) or seized as evidence, all depending on how fast you are at running
smile.gif

Gerber makes their Guardian Backup, which is also a recommendable boot knife in a compact format.

I'm personally waiting for the Fallkniven G1 Garm dagger myself. Although it does not come stock with a boot sheath, one could easily by procured from any number of makers. This knife seems to be a more upscale version of knives like the Gerber Guardians etc, but with better steel, sheath, finish, etc.

PM

Randall 24 Guardian

Randall 2 Five inch blade

AG Russell Sting/ Sting 1A

Gerber Guardian with Leather Sheath (not nylon)

I've been carrying a Kershaw Amphibian with leather sheath while I wait for my Fallkniven G1. It takes a great edge. The blade of the Applegate-Fairbairn boot knife is concave on one side, so keep that in mind if you expect to use it for everyday cutting chores in addition to the occasional social emergency.

I have to agree about the Kershaw Amphibian. I have owned mine for about 11 years, and I have used it on many of occasions from cutting thick rope to cleaning a mess of catfish. (not my choice for cleaning catfish, but it was all that I had at the time) The Kershaw has proved itself to be a good, rugged reliable blade.

RattlerXX

Hmmmm... apparently I carry a boot knife for all the wrong reasons. Right now, I have a REKAT/Simonich Pikuni clipped to my flight boot. D2 steel, g10 handle scales. Not big enough to be a whole lotta defense knife, but sturdy enough to do just about anything else. It is my boot knife because right now with the summer approaching, it is the most convenient covert place to carry a fixed blade, and the Pikuni rides there pretty comfortably.

------------------
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce
Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog. - Robert Morley

iktomi

TJE, A follow up on your bootknife 1 time usage plan...
Be sure to have a sheath that is quickly removable too...No sense getting caught running down the street with an empty sheath threaded on your belt
wink.gif

Ebbtide out.

Got my Fallkniven G1 a couple of weeks ago and it comes with a neck carry sheath. Its a nice feeling little knife and I like the VG-10 steel. I would not want to use this as a "throw away" so just wipe it off and keep going.
biggrin.gif

I also have the Boker Applegate/Fairbairn boot knife and it is 440C...I really like the concave on one side of the blade...easy in, easy out!
I carried the Gerber MKI for many years but I never did care for the metal handle.

Go for the Boker A/F or the Fallkniven G1.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Ron,
Bremerton, Washington
0071.gif

Tom Mayo makes a fine Boot Knife..... in Talonile!!! VERY SHARP and VERY USEABLE!!!

<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=270015&a=2008425&p=25169065&Sequence=0&res=high" TARGET=_blank>
Thumbnail
</A>

Michael

------------------
He who has smelt the smoke is never free again...

Back