Your Gear

I have a Becker patrol pack that Murph convinced me to buy. Glad I did. I think its a pretty old one, but its made well, should last me a long time. I still don't have it all filled and arranged like I want. I can't get over all the different compartments and pockets in it.

2013-12-06165832_zpse1114eb3.jpg

That is so nice.

Since Guyon is so motivated about his Camelbak, I will share some of my Camelbaks. Camelbak makes great stuff. Rugged and well built, they outperform (IMO) most of the other high-end gear manufacturer's stuff. And, too be frank, a Camelbak won't scare the crap out of the hippies in public places.

A Camelbak "Mule" I use A LOT, in town as well as out in the wilderness.

A Camelbak "Something or other" that I picked up right before I deployed in 2009. I used it all over Afghanistan and it is still in great shape. I carry it now whenever we go camping. It is massive and can hold just about anything you can think of. Love this thing!

OK, so I love Camelbak but I will concede that 5.11 makes good stuff too, but sometimes the 5.11 stuff makes me shy away from it. However, my wife got me this 5.11 "Messenger Bag" that I use when I'm going to work. It carries my laptop as well as important papers and even my lunch. It's fast becoming my favorite city pack.

Hah I want the Achmed the dead terrorist patch!

I'd like to have that "Something or other" bag, please. :p :D

I meant neither pack simply because I was commending him for being so generous and making a joke at the same time. Nice bags.

I should have specified better. I am a good man, however, I have my moments...;) just like everyone else.

The bags I cannot just give away (I thought it funny and clever that you all jumped on me about it). Like I mentioned above "the wife would kill me."

The patch I was more than happy to give to Psyop if he really wanted it.

Thorny, yes, that pack is no longer made however, there is one pretty close to it around 180 depending on where you get it. For mine, I paid 149 in early 09, when I was at Fort McCoy, WI.

Back