Your Indispensable Spyderco

If you could only have one Spyderco, what would it be? It shouldn't necessarily be your favorite but the one you need the most or the one you know that you can always use or count on. In my case, my most indispensable Spyderco would be my carbon fiber Dragonfly. It is not my favorite, that would be my Blue Native, closely followed by my Lightweight Calypso, but it is a Spyderco I can take anywhere and use in a university environment without scaring people while still being long enough to be useful.

I would count on my Wegner to handle pretty much anything I could think to throw at it. If I needed a smaller blade, then there's a smaller Wegner.

I have to go with the only one I own and say the Military. I am looking to get a Starmate so that could change. We'll see.

------------------
I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.
*Abraham Lincoln

Romans 1:20-22

Endura. It's my "beater" and at a price that I don't freak out worrying about losing it.

Jack

My Dragonfly is always with me when I'm away from home. I'm a teacher in a public school and no one seems bothered by my little matter separator. I use it at least a few times a day. I cut open boxes, cut tubing, paper and it is the best scalpel my biology classroom.

At home, when I'm outside, I carry a BM Puma (OOPS!..not a spyderco, sorry) or Military and they seem indespensible for various chores around the property... from cutting rope to feed bags to vines and low hanging branches.

Can't choose just one. It's the having of some knife that's indispensaible.

respectfully
ptn

[This message has been edited by ptn (edited 15 November 1999).]

[This message has been edited by ptn (edited 16 November 1999).]

Military for me too.

------------------
A dedicated ELU
Buck Collectors Club Member
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)

I would have to go with my plain edge Military. It is probably a little large to carry at work, although I think my students are so used to me carrying a knife now that they wouldn't take much notice, not so sure about the rest of the staff though
smile.gif
. Everywhere else the Military excels, from the yard to the kitchen to the bush. If I could only have one knife period, the Military would be the one I would choose.

------------------
Take care,
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

One?

<A HREF="http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/diverse/knives/spc_ex_de.html">Executive</A>. With Delica a strong second choice.

------------------
Urban Fredriksson
www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/

"Smooth and serrated blades cut in two entirely different fashions."
- The Teeth of the Tyrannosaurs, Scientific American, Sep 1999

I'd have to say it would be my serrated Military. I get a lot of use out of it outdoors. It's a great combination of a knife/buzzsaw
wink.gif
Though I have a plain Military, the serrated one by far gets carried the most.

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

I'm with cut finger and ptn, my carbon dragonfly is a quite innocent and innocuous looking little knife, never draws a second glance, and I have found it to be perfectly airport friendly, much like my small Sebenza, but I've recently become more cautious to risk airport rent-a-thiefs by travel with my Sebenza. The Dragonfly is a perfect alternative.

------------------
Don LeHue
Royal Oak, Michigan

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arm's reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Work: Fully serrated steel Police.
Off duty: Currently- Pink Delica. (!)

Only one? Wow, that's tough. I suspect I don't own the "one" yet.

Out of the eight I do own (the largest being a Rescue Jr.), I'd have to go with either the G-10 Navigator or the CF Dragonfly. They're both discreet and very functional.

Dave

------------------
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of More Knives

Very hard decision, but I would have to say the Wegner. Most versatile folder Spyderco makes.

-Dennis Bible
Knoxville, Tennessee

[This message has been edited by shootist16 (edited 01-29-2000).]

i have owned 14 different spydies, and i can't pick ONE. two that i always carry are my lw native and my g-10 harpy. the lw native may soon be replaced though. it's replacement? a BF native. both are small enough to carry anywhere, comfortable and very useful.

Back