your most recent purchase

what's the last knife you bought?

i snagged a buck 301 off ebay last night (not my photo):
BUMLBL301.JPG

I was at a fleamarket in Amarillo TX last weekend and traded for a Case folding hunter made in 77. Had Texas Special engraved on the blade. Marked 1200. Pretty nice knife. The guy said it was too big for his pocket and got it worth the money. Guy

This is my most recent.
A custom folder with titanium handles and a 3 1/2" S 30V blade by Ray Rogers.
It's massive at 12 ozs and 9" overall.

Chupie4.jpg

Sag.

Helle Fire was the last one that has been delivered....

helle3.jpg

I bought a Hattori fighter but it isn't here yet...probably next week...

Img664.jpg

Just got a Mcusta MC-1 Series from my wife for my 50th birthday (it was at my request, I emailed her the link for the page at A. G. Russell!). It is sweet, with the V10 damascus blade and the quincewood burl scales. I put a little finish on the scales using Tru-Oil and some hand rubbed polyurethane and it really brought the burl pattern out.

Mcusta_MC1.jpg

Last edited:
Sag, that is one massive chunk of steel. How do you like the heft and feel of this one in your hand?

A nameless brand less chinese multitool that is very basic but very good. I bought it in China, and am very happy with it so far.

Alsdorf jack for my Godson's HS graduation.

He doesn't get my great grandfather's watch though....!

29divxd.jpg

Last edited:
I recently made a few trades for two Spyderco's: a black Rescue 79mm and an orange Rescue 79mm.

HPIM4165.jpg

HPIM4119.jpg

Sag, that is one massive chunk of steel. How do you like the heft and feel of this one in your hand?

I love the feel of it but I have huge hands and am a fairly big guy.
Plus, I own Busses so am used to a heavy knife. :)
It's built like a battleship; just the way I like my knives.
Have a second one on order that's due in a few more weeks that will have mammoth scales inlayed into the titanium slabs.
Regards.

Sag.

Back