Your names and signatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Gigante 'cause that's what my Capoeira mestre named me before we "played" the first time. I guess it's because I'm 196 cm.

When I registered here, I just picked a name at, well… random. Random is a character in a series of books called The Amber Chronicles written by Roger Zelanzny.

I read my sig line in a Zen book. I have since found that it is very similar to a quote from Voltaire. "Doubt is certainly an uncomfortable position, but certainty is absurd."

I wonder who plagiarized whom?

------------------
Doubt is an uncomfortable condition,
but certainty is a ridiculous one.

My nick is from the movie THE TOXIC AVENGER.
I dont look like the Melvin from the movie.
I am 6,5 tall and 250 pounds!
biggrin.gif

My signature is just a sentence i like
smile.gif

------------------
"Kill one man and you are a murderer.
Kill millions and you are a conqueror.
Kill all and you are a god."

Jean Rostand

Yes, and it was quoted in a Megadeth song by Dave Mustaine as well...lots of musical references in here, intended or not.

It's just my sign-on.........
frown.gif
.......nothing exciting or fancy......DAWKINs,Dudley=DAWKIND.........

My handle is from the anime: "Neon Genisis Evangelion". If you know what I'm talking about, good. If you are a fan of anime and havn't seen it, or if you've never seen anime before, get out and see it now. It's the coolest. I also use this name on e-bay and bladeauction, so if you're bored one day check me out, I might actually be selling stuff.

As for my signature, I'm still trying to think up something. Hmm...

[This message has been edited by eva-unit-02 (edited 05-25-2001).]

Cool other anime fans. Eva mine came form Dragon Ball Z. I know sniperboy is into anime too.

------------------
I have a sword in my pocket!

hmmm, I should have registered as SgtP instead of Sgtp...

Anyway, this is were its from: SgtP as in Sgt. Pepper as in Sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club band, one of my favorite BeaTles Albums.

As for the signature line, its the only quote from a Simpsons ep. that had knife content
wink.gif

------------------
"I see you played knifie spoonie before..."

Balut- Filipino delicacy consisting of fertilized poultry egg that is preserved (salted and buried in the ground for centuries?)the little chick inside actually has feathers sometimes. Don't know which kind and don't care. I just love oxymorons (thundering silence, sane balisong artist etc.).
Still working on a signature; (my apologies) it shows my lack of upbringing (sorry mom & dad but you made me eat balut as a kid)

Mr Gollnick, I did recognize and know about the Duke but was too embarrassed to admit it. I should just take this aging thing with grace.

Mr ChungSan,
Sir,I don't mean to dis you especially since I have been a practitioner of Taekwondo and respect all forms of martial arts, but... I have been lying awake at night thinking of a way to create a Judoka to throw your kicking guy with a perfect Uchimata followed by a kasekatame hold down and hold that guy down for a while.
biggrin.gif

BTW, great post especially for a newbie like me.

[This message has been edited by balut (edited 05-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by balut (edited 05-25-2001).]

balut..........sounds real tasty, especially the centuries old feathery ones......I'd still be pi$$ed too if my folks had made me eat $h!t like that!!!!!!!
mad.gif

Lothar of the Hill People is an old Mike Myers Sat Nite Live skit... one day I was sitting at the table and just happened to release a magnificent sneeze, blowing snot and phlegm all over the tablecloth, and when it soaked in, it developed into an almost perfect picture of mike myers... granted, noone saw it, so the story's completely irrelevant, and bs anyway, but it's beena wacky day, so what the hell.

Dawkind.. buddy,you don't even know. My father-in-law (RIP) served his country during WWII in that part of the world. As a 19 yr old SGT., he got the duty as an MP during the winding down of the war. He had a buddy "Chick" who after a night of drinking San Miguel(Filipino beer) had the misfortune of purchasing balut thinking it was hard boiled egg the next morning. Thought it was quite good until Bob (father in law) wiped the feathers from his mouth. I credit Bob for saving the life of one filipino teenage boy. True story.

Yummy, real old egg:p
Reminds me of something but I forgot already. 17 and I'm already forgeting everything.
rolleyes.gif

------------------

I don't know how i got BalisongMan, and my sig is from an awesome movie called “Boondock Saints”. right now i am using character map to type this
frown.gif

------------------
Cameron

"And shepards we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be, En Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti"
A few of my balisongs
My ClubPhoto albums

My favorite musical group (well, one of many favorites) is Aqua. (You know...Barbie Girl!!!) Well, Dr. Jones is the name of one of their songs, and it is my FAVORITE song of all time. (well, one of my favs of all time) One of the really cool things about Aqua is that their songs and music videos all have a story to them. If you've ever seen an Aqua video, they're all like mini-movies. It's really cool.
Anyway, Dr. Jones is a recurring character of theirs, and seeing as how I have quite an Aqua fetish, well....it was the natural thing to use it as a handle.
Oh, and the lead singer, Lene, is THE most gorgeous woman ever to walk the face of this planet, bar none.
I think Sniperboy is an Aqua fan too, if I remember correctly.
So that's my story!

Strati
(Dr. Jones)

Hey I like Aqua too. I'm not a great fan and I cant listen to the music for to long. To peppy for me. But it helps to lighten the mood. There videos are almost like cartoons. i still watch those to. You all know you still do too! I'm not crazy
biggrin.gif

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back