Your own Custom?

bucksway

Gold Member
After looking at so many custom Bucks of all kinds I had the idea of Buck making a limited run of 112's with no handles. .For all of us amateur knife makers to try our hand at making our own 'custom' Buck . The thought of removing the handles off a good one is just a little intimidating but fitting my own looks like it would be fun! If Buck offered what is basically a kit knife would you be interested? ??? I would! !! If there would be some kind of stamp or mark on the tang or bolster even better! So if you think you would want Buck to make it post your thoughts here.

Clint, that's a good idea... I would go with a 112 N/S F/G with a Damascus Blade and Stag handles... ITE ... :thumbup:

ITE would you put on your own stag? Or have Leroy ? What I am asking is for Buck to sell us one with no handles so we can make our own. I hope to start enough interest in the idea. I bet Buck would sell a ton! Just think if you could have any material you wanted easily..If there was a template included so much the better. If I am not mistaken years ago Buck sold a kit for carving. .

It would be great if Buck sells knife kits for completing at home. But at least it is no problem to buy a new or a used knife to fit it with your own scales. Sometimes you find blades from fixed knives at the auctioneers.

Haebbie

Probably wood cost more than one with scales, it's easy enough to takem off.

Such knives, referred to in-house as "skeletons", were once offered by Buck a long time ago, but only in quantity to after market customizers such as a David Yellowhorse. Buck no longer does this and will not do so again in the future, due both to potential liability as well as warranty issues.

Back