Your thoughts on Joy Enterprises Tactical 2000 knife?

I was at a Remington store at a local mall the other day and saw one of the new Mike Franklin designed Tactical 2000 knives marketed by Joy Enterprises. The handle was made of anodized aluminum with micarta scales, but I noticed the the liner lock was part of the aluminum frame. How durable could a liner lock made of aluminum be?

I`ve handled a few of the Joy/Franklin colaborations and it makes me wonder how Mike can put his name on them! They aren`t what I`d consider a safe user and they lack the visual impact of Mike`s custom pieces. They are an enigma to me.

I agree with you Steve. I've seen some of Mike's custom pieces, and I too wonder why he would lend his name to such a product. Let's face it. Joy Enterprises' Fury brand knives are not known for high quality.

FYI: Microtech is switching from titanium to aluminum for the liners on their ultra-popular LCC.

------------------
flag_blk.gif
Usual Suspect

RFrost5746@excite.com -- My Collection

I can't say that I like anything about the new Joy Enterprises knife. It feels and looks cheap to me.

Keith.

From what I remember at last year's Blade Show, one of the little Hawg's Tooth folders is available in titanium.

------------------

Tom Anderson
Hand Crafted Knives

I guess they'll sell alot of these knives to people who think they look cool. It's the same with the Harley Davidson and Colt knives United Cutlery markets.

Back