Your thoughts...

Wait, what? The Hyper too? I have happily had one of those on my tool belt for years. The handle really works for me, both in the fit and in the way the wide, flat handle provides nice blade control and feedback in work gloves. I was just griping on the Becker forum about blades that interest me getting discontinued before I can even get to try them, like the BK 6 or the Spyderco Dodo, and even the SubCom FB1. Now that I just leveled my knife budget on the Disco'ed BK 5 and 15, I need to add a Hyper to the list to backup my work knife. Seriously, they need to slow down on this whole discontinue business. But I would forgive Boker a lot if I could get a Titan WharCom, as long as it doesn't come and go like a comet. I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to keep SubComs for very long. Either someone thinks they are so awesome I give them away, they get stolen, or they extend a little pair of legs and make a run for it when I am not looking. It would be nice to have a guaranteed supply years down the road.

aloha BitingSarcasm,

Yup...99% certain the Hyper got the axe.:( Aside from the wide, flat handle, blade control can be attributed towards the wide, blade of the Hyper. Wider blades tend to track through materials being cut much better than a thinner blade. Thank you for your kind words regarding the Hyper, and I am happy it has been serving you well.

Oh...that Spyderco Dodo was a magical knife my friend. I had one in black PE...I appreciated the long handle to blade ratio. Excellent control, and that reverse S blade I have always liked. The SubCom FB is a tank of a small knife...I sometimes use one to this day. An excellent FB that shares the, "Dodo philosophy" is the Edit...that got the axe early this year I believe.

I agree about the speed of disco'ed items...if not that, at least let us know so we CAN grab a bunch. Fortunately, some dealers still have the Hyper and Edit...gonna have to go find some...

LOL, the SubCom folder...I agree about that too. I have given away SO many to people I have met at stores, on the street, etc...lost a few myself. Not just the SubCom but I swear some of my other folders have legs and minds of their own!:p

Be safe!

Back