Your top 3 SAK's

Hello everyone!

I wondered what are your top 3 SAK's, three models you like most and carry most?

Mine are:

1) Alox Soldier / Alox Pioneer (though nearly identical, I slightly prefer Soldier due lack of key ring)
2) Tinker
3) Explorer.

- Explorer Plus has been in my pocket for years, though it was supplanted about a month ago while I try out the Squirt PS4.

- The Farmer is also great, though I have been trying out the similar Pioneer and Rancher lately.

- I also dig the Alox Classic. One could get by just fine - for the most part - with just that.

Hi,

I like the old Alox Soldier, the Spartan, and the Classic. If I had to pick just one, I'd take the Soldier.

dalee

Difficult question, but at this moment it is

1. Alox Soldier - most time in the pocket
2. Ambassador - most time on the keyring
3. Farmer - favourite for outdoors

1. Wenger SI/Victorinox Soldier
2. Victorinox SwissChamp
3. Victorinox Camper

Electrician Plus-A Farmer with a small sheepfoot instead of the can opener.

1) Wenger Esquire (similar to Vic Classic, but with blade & nail file opening on opposite end of keyring)
2) Vic Electrician or Electrician Plus
3) New Soldier

I switch around a lot but...
1. Executive, don't carry it anymore but it was the first VicSak I bought.
2. Adventurer, currently EDC
3. StayGlow Fieldmaster, EDC for a while, in my survival kit now.

1. Soldier/Pioneer
2. Climber
3. Compact

I personally like 2 layer SAKs the best but the Climber was my first SAK when I was 11.

There are a number in my "collection" I once used a lot and am still very fond of, but "top 3 SAKS" means to me is what gets used the most. These days, and for some time, those have been OH Trekker and Rambler, with Swisschamp a distant third. Actually, the OHT is my main outdoors multitool for yardwork or the boonies, while the Rambler is an auxiliary for the Leathermen I usually carry. The Swisschamp, for its versatility, gets packed when I am on the road, but I haven't carried it regularly for years. Formerly, that was the only SAK I owned for quite a few years, but then my lifestyle changed.

1. Alox soldier or pioneer : should be standard issue to every human being when they're born (usage allowed if they pass a responsibility test :) )
2. Adventurer
3. Scientist

That said, edc is Camper with tipi logo :)

Economy Huntsman
the older BDR pocket knife, (not the newer trekker version)
Super Tinker.

Back