Your's and Mine.

I shared a story on here about my Grandfather's Buck 704 quite a while ago. Seeing that knife brings back a ton of memories for me, it's reminds me of how are relationship has changed over the years, how we have become closer. One of the loves we share is that of Small Game season, leading up to the opener we sit and swap stories of the seasons past. He loves chasing a cottontail with a good beagle and I like the quietness of an evening squirrel hunt. Either way it's a nice bond that has offered hours of enjoyment and conversation. Another common idea we share is the usefulness of a good pocket knife and over the years we have swapped a few. My Grandfather believes that you can get by with a single bladed knife for any chore, so it was no wonder that growing up I showed partiality to those single blade knives.

On one of my Grandfathers many Birthdays he was gifted a Buck by my Mom. Since that time he has used and enjoyed that knife, once sending it back to Buck for a blade replacement. It's had many adventures since joining him I'm sure, it has been with him longer than I have. Well, I finally got one like him.

I traded with a member of this great site, he was very generous in his offer and we were able to make a swap.

I am so proud to have a knife like Pappy.
Here they are.

His.
P1019601.jpg

Mine.
P1014104.jpg

I actually have the first thread you started about that knife saved in my subscriptions. I love seeing pics of well used knives, and hearing the stories behind them.

It also inspired me to pick up a 704 of my own, and it's actually riding in my pocket today.

Back