Yuppie Camo

These are my new 7" Retribution and 3-1/4" Reprisal models in 154CM and Green Canvas Micarta. I don't know how to do Tiger Stripes, so I did my Yuppie Camo instead. It's etched, but when I show it to Bladesmiths I tell them its a low layer count Damascus. In the two minutes or so it takes them to realize I'm lying, I usually have to bite my tongue... :)

Oh my goodness
078.gif
, those are incredible....great work Jerry.

The area that is not etched is very bright, and both areas are brushed. I photographed these in indirect lighting so I could show the pattern better. Here's a pic of one in direct lighting.

Wow!

What a great, original design!! Those are really nice pieces!

-Michael

That looks more like HotRod/Chopper camo to me...
It would blend right in at a bike show!
I think I like it better than those drab & dreary, earth tone camo jobs
;)

It looks like Jerry knocked over a bottle of ferric chloride in the shop and invented a new finish!

Seriously though, that si neat. The two tones go very well together. Nice work!

Are we gonna see yuppie camo on your fighter you are making fro the Great BLADE Show Strider Guys and frinds fighter contest? Hmm???

How 'bout you Rob? Whatcha makin'? Tom? Mick? Duane? Ken? :p

By the way Jerry, I LOVE the Retribution name. Good job. I'd hate to piss off a Ranger who had one of those at his side.

Originally posted by Crayola
Are we gonna see yuppie camo on your fighter you are making fro the Great BLADE Show Strider Guys and frinds fighter contest? Hmm???

How 'bout you Rob? Whatcha makin'? Tom? Mick? Duane? Ken? :p

I'd say those are the six most closely guarded secrets in Knifedom. :)

Hey, I just noticed. New logo/trademark, eh Jerry? Very nice; I like it very much.

That is cool looking Jerry.

Hey Jim, if you are heading to ATL this weekend look Gus up if ya get a chance :D.
his email

Thanks Folks. Bastid, you might want to tell Gus that Jim will likely be in Las Vegas Friday, where these knives will also be. :)

Bummer. Oh well in that case may both of your tables be emptied by paying customers before you know what is going on.

Have a great trip Jerry!

Back