Yvsa back at hospital..

Smoke up for Yvsa up and ongoing.

I have to say, he's one tough ol' bird. I think we could drop a bridge on him, and about all it'd do is make him cranky:D:p

Give 'em hell, Yvsa!

Prayers continue from Texas. Give Yvsa and Barb our love.
Terry

Prayers and well wishes from Colorado, Yvsa. Hang in there!

I keep checking this thread...hoping to see he's home.

more prayers up from the west coast.

News from Oklahoma !!!

Well, an update: My special informant has ..er...uh...specially informed me that Yvsa is doing well, all things considered.

As you may remember, when we last left our hero, he had neck surgery near his spine to address tingling and loss of feeling in his hands. He also was in almost constant pain, near agony at times, from a rod that had been placed in the lumbar region of his spine.

The neck surgery was a success, albeit additional work will have to be done at a later time to reduce the abrasion points of the vertebrae on his spinal cord in this area.

A second surgery had been performed to remove the rod from his lumbar region. The spinal fusions had taken with such success that the rod was removed. Further investigation of the sources of the excruciating pain turned out that a severe infection was settled in at this site, and had to be treated aggressively with strong antibiotics.

The surgeries were done at the hospital, then on the 10th of December, Yvsa was moved to a Special Rehabilitation hospital. He is still on an IV with antibiotics, taking pain meds, and under-going physical therapy. He can now get up, and is taking VERY short walks with the therapist(s). He has lost substantial leg muscle tone. This whole process has taken a great deal of strength from him, from inactivity and the infection.

He is expected to remain at the PT hospital until Mid-January.

Barb is coping very well, as might be expected. The dog only gets the recliner when Barb is not in, then Ace sits on Barb who sits on the recliner.

When last I was in contact with him, he vowed he was staying until the pain etc was FIXED.

Taking a long time, but the news is good. All well-wishing is welcome. Barb seems to handling all this in stride. The hospital is ten minutes away from home.

She said they don't need anything, but well-wishes don't take up much space, and may even help.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Kis !
Good to see Yvsa's still on the warpath with this thing and good to hear some positive news and progress, hopefully this is a sign of better things to come.
Best regards to Yvsa and Barb, Hang in there!....More Smoke Sent !!!!

Thank you for the comprehensive update Kismet.

It is wise not to leave the hospital as I'm certain he would not be easily overlooked.

Will be sending extra smoke & prayers for Yvsa, Barb and family during the Christmas period when being in hospital is harder than normal.

Ace is showing what most dogs know, that its always better sitting on a human, that there is no such thing as being too close! :D

More smoke going up. Sounds like things are going the right direction.

Back