Yvsa review of a peron-knife content

Yvsa came over to my shop yesterday. He spent about 5 1/2 hours helping me get my new surface grinder lined out. He helped get the chuck set up properly, and get it leveled out. It turns out that something on this $1300 grinder was broke, and it was shipped that way. I would not have known about that problem, if he had not shown me. He took the time to explain proper use of the machine. Proper care of the machine. He also showed me how to use indicators to check the precision of the grinder, and my drill presses. Yvsa, is a very talented retired Tool and Die grinder. He showed me more in 5 1/2 hours then I could of learned on my own ever. The knife content part is that his help will help me to improve the quality of the knives I make. While he was here he showed me a beautiful Millenium 3 Kukri. I was very impressed with it. Even more impressive was the knife that he made back in 1974. It was very cool. A gut hook skinner of incredible proportions complete with front and rear bolsters of brass, and fancy brass pins, with a nice wood handle. But that is not even what had me most impressed. That would have to be Yvsa's incredible amount of knowledge, and his willingness to share it. I now consider him a true friend. I am lucky to know him. I know that he is on this forum a lot, and I wanted you all to know about my great experience with him.

Thanks for reading,

------------------
Lynn Griffith-Knifemaker

griffithknives.com
GriffithKN@aol.com
Available Knives

Lynn, because I've come to know Yvsa pretty well even though we have yet to meet in person your post does not surprise me in the least.

Additionally, your post also tells why Yvsa's evaluations are so valuable and important. In short, he knows what he is talking about!

------------------
Uncle Bill
Himalayan Imports Website
Khukuri FAQ

Yvsa,

You're a good man!
smile.gif

sing

AKTI #A000356

Now that he's met him, Lynn can confirm that Yvsa does indeed have the body of a God.

Buddha, that is. ( Hi bro! )

--------------------------
How many roads must a man walk down before he admits that he's lost?

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited 01-08-2000).]

Uncle Bill, you act nice when company is around. With family, though, and especially with sibling rivalry, anything goes ( well, almost! ).

( For those who haven't heard, Yvsa's been on some ungodly steroid and other medication, including some of the poisons used for chemotherapy - for back problems??? So keep in mind his body chemistry has been screwed around with by board certified diplomates and not just your ordinary "hazardous to your health" quacks. )

------------------
How many roads must a man walk down before he admits that he's lost?

:
Why Thank You Lynn!!! That was a very nice post!

Boys, Lynn is a very personably young man who takes a Great Deal of Pride in what he does!!
His Honesty and Character are unquestionable.
I am proud to know him and call him Friend!

Unlike so many younger And older people who want things "right now" and would rather that you "do it" for them,Lynn is willing to listen and learn from an old hand and ask,"Am I doing this right?"
There is a lot to be said for the ones who do that.They always wind up very successful.

Lynn's Workmanship shows in the very fine blades he makes.
His smaller neck knives and the like have as much care as the bigger ones he makes,perhaps more as a smaller knife is actually harder for me to make than a big one.
Lynn's Trekker,I think it's called, is one I have my eye on.Although his smaller knives are very comfortable to hold and are nicely balanced I prefer the larger blades.
It is good to see a younger maker making fixed blades knives.I have always prefered a fixed blade when possible.
smile.gif

Sing,Thank you.
I have alwas tried to pass what little I know on to those who could use it.

Mr Crow. Hmmmmm!! An ATS-34 Khukuri?
I could go for one about 9" overall,about 5/16" thick with a 4 1/2" blade about 2" at the wide part.That would be a nicely shaped leaf style blade and with Lynn's expertise with that material it would be a super,super nice little khukuri and have some nice Red G-10 scales with a very well made Kydex scabbard!!
Maybe I will talk with him about it tomorrow when we do the knife testing at his place.
smile.gif

Rusty that's another reason I can call you brother comfortably.I mean after all a similarity in appearance does help you know.
wink.gif

It's a good thing Bhudda doesn't have that long flowing curly white beard.With me bein Indin I wouldn't have much luck with that.(VBESEG)

The Medicines I am/was on that has changed my appearance so much is for the Adult Onset of Systemic Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis.
(Still's Disease.)
The "Systemic" being that it can affect soft tissue as well as the joints.

I am really proud to be off the love/hate drug.... Prednisone.
I still take the poison every Tuesday night.
Sometimes it does make me pretty sick on Wed. and Thursday.
The Dr.gave me some stuff that really helps with the nausea and I am doing much better!!

I Am Really Proud To Say That I am In Medically Induced Remission for the Still's Disease!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
!!!!

I am on a good painkiller and muscle relaxer for the back problems.They are strong enough to make the average person Without Chronic Pain just set and slobber.So now y'all got the "skinny" on me.LMAO!!

Uncle you are right.We could at least exchange some "razzin" as that's about all we got left.
wink.gif

My sweet wife Barbara says it isn't a matter of "if" we all get to meet,but a matter of when.
I didn't realize that it was as far as it is from Phoenix to Reno and told her that I didn't know if we could make it up there the next time we get to Phoenix.Barb informed me that we could fly up if necessary.
I have turned her into a "monster" when it comes to "travelin'."
Barb is always ready to see what's over the next rise in the road.I like "that" in a woman.heheehehehe.
smile.gif

------------------
>>>>---¥vsa---->®

If you mix milk of magnesia with vodka and orange juice do you get a phillips screwdriver?

Khukuri FAQ

Yvsa :

Lynn's Workmanship shows in the very fine blades he makes. His smaller neck knives and the like have as much care as the bigger ones he makes

Indeed. I have one of Lynn's smaller blades, the MNK-1. Even though I can cover it with one of my fingers it was obviously made with care with clean grinds and smooth transitions. A very functional piece.

-Cliff

[This message has been edited by Cliff Stamp (edited 01-11-2000).]

Yvsa and Cliff both having nice words to say about Lynn's knives! That isn't unprecedented, but it certainly says something for them that few knives get.

------------------
"Now every time I read the paper the same old feeling comes on; we're waist deep in the Big Muddy, and the Big Fool says to push on!"

Back