zebra question

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't search out the answer.

Is the CRK zebra blades a true Damascus (IE the blade steel is made by folding different steels together) or is it a surface coating like DLC?

All the CRK damascus is true damascus from my understanding. CRK does not use any coatings like DLC. CRK does use different venders like Devin Thomas, Gary House, etc for their damascus. Devin Thomas is one of the only ones I know of that uses Stainless Damascus. Stainless Damascus is the best for EDC as its tougher and does not rust, while High Carbon Damascus is more prone to rust as I have experienced, so its often coated with a clear finish. The more exotic damascus is always High Carbon as its easier to make the more elaborate patterns, while Stainless is tougher from what I gather.

So the Zebra is carbon damascus with a clear coat to prevent rust? Does the clear coat rub off?

Zebra is constructed from 1084 high carbon steel, 4600E and pure nickel. It is a beautiful damascus, especially in person.
I don't believe it is coated but I could be wrong.

Zebra is constructed from 1084 high carbon steel, 4600E and pure nickel. It is a beautiful damascus, especially in person.
I don't believe it is coated but I could be wrong.
Thanks! That's interesting. Hope to see it in person someday.

Back