Zero Tolerance 0200 ....balanced and as tough as they come.

After much reading over specs and looking at knife reviews on line, I decided to buy a Zero Tolerance 0200 for my heavy duty folder/edc/survival slot in my knife collection. If your looking for a survival folder you can count your life on,..the ZT 0200 is your knife. The knife came sharp but not wicked sharp as I prefer so a couple of strokes on the ceramic rods and the 154cm blade was good to go. One word jumps to mind handling this knife "massive". Its G10 handle is milled with a alligator-scale-like texture. It grips into the hand comfortably and securely. With a glove or bare hands, the knife ergonomics are about as perfect as it gets. Its obvious, this knife can handle hard chores that require pounding, batoning, and prying. The SS liner has been heavily drilled out. The liner lock uses the thickest steel I have ever seen in a liner lock. ZT says they have never had one fail yet and I tend to believe them. Its massive. The 0200 is NOT a assisted opening knife like the 0300 line but you would never know it by how fast it opens with the rear flipper choil or well placed thumb stud. IMO.. it doesnt need a assisted opening. I have much more control with this set up and I would bet its as fast or faster than the assisted models. Its weight is 7.7oz and its not as heavy as the specs would show. Its a very solid well balanced knife so 7.7oz isnt heavy for what the 0200 brings to the table. Jeans or tactical pants carry the knife without notice. The pocket clip can be moved to every possible position. I moved mine to the typical right hand tip-up carry. The DLC coating on this knife is tougher than any blade coating I have seen so far. I took my ZT 0200 out in the woods for a day of abuse. I cut 5" trees down. I used it as a pocket hatchet going through slashings. I made tent stakes,spears, batonned it through logs. Then I came back to the house cleaned the blade with soap and water and took the pics you see below. (notice not a friggen mark on the blade):eek: The lock-up is still rock solid in any direction. I mean it has absolutely NO movement no matter how much pressure I put on it side to side or up and down and still with a sharp edge and opens smooth as glass. Bravo ZT:thumbup:!!I think ZT got the blade thickness and width right with the 0200.
If Rambo had a folder,...this would be his knife. :D Seriously, I cant imagine what you could do to this knife to make a better design for its intended use. Its perfect as is and a bargain for what you get.

Specs are:
Steel:154CM stainless-steel with Tungsten DLC coating
Handle: 3D machined, G-10 in matte black
Blade Length: 3 7/8 in. (9.8 cm) ZT originally had this blade measuring more than 4" so it depends where and how you measure it.
Closed Length: 5 1/4 in. (13.3 cm)
Overall Length: 8 3/4"
Weight: 7.7 oz.

If you like the feel of a full size 1911 then the ZT 0200 is your knife.
ZTgun.jpg

ZTcomboclip.jpg

ZTgun2.jpg

ZTclosedcombo.jpg

Good review mystro!:thumbup: The ZT0200 is one of the best deals going for a "tough as nails" knife. I love mine, and agree about the weight. I like a heavy knife over a super lightweight knife anyway, but the 0200 does not seem to weigh that 7.7 ounces, but it does, because of it's balance.:)

Great review!!

I have a ZT 0300 and an 0301 great knives. thinkin of getting an 0200 as well. The ZT's are the best factory folders I've ever seen.

Well just bought te ZT 200 couple days ago waiting on it. been edc the 350 zt, great knives, my 301 is great also, so can't wait for the 200......

Totally agree with you guys. The 0200 is a "superstar" at the price! The whole ZT line is loaded with winners!

Back