Zero Tolerance 0550 Review

I hadn't seen many reviews on this so I did one. Most everything I could find on Youtube was unboxing "reviews" I have carried this for a month so I felt I could make an informed video on it. My first sit down review so comments and criticism is welcome :thumbup:.
[video=youtube;g1vGqxI-A20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vGqxI-A20&lis[/video]

Last edited:
Well done review!! You are correct that most of the videos are mostly unboxing or how well it cuts. You just helped me decide on my next purchase after I get my PM2. Thanks!

I enjoyed your review....I've had my 0550 for two weeks now and love it....always learning more about it thanks to reviews like yours.

Well done review!! You are correct that most of the videos are mostly unboxing or how well it cuts. You just helped me decide on my next purchase after I get my PM2. Thanks!

Glad I could help ;). Its a great knife that I don't think will disappoint.

I've been eyeing one of these in various reviews. Any suggestions as to best place to get one? PM me...

Locally, a store had them at $200 on sale - same as the last of their 0551's. BTW, that inside Ti liner edge sharpness was never previously noticed on my 0551s - I did notice it after your review. I found a super fine white-sided nail board - with a political advert - in my desk drawer (Great knife/gun tool!) and eased the inside of the heel jimping before the review was over - thanks for the heads up there!

Nice review - good laid-back delivery. Some slicing/chopping demos would have been nice. Thanks!

Stainz

Locally, a store had them at $200 on sale - same as the last of their 0551's. BTW, that inside Ti liner edge sharpness was never previously noticed on my 0551s - I did notice it after your review. I found a super fine white-sided nail board - with a political advert - in my desk drawer (Great knife/gun tool!) and eased the inside of the heel jimping before the review was over - thanks for the heads up there!

Nice review - good laid-back delivery. Some slicing/chopping demos would have been nice. Thanks!

Stainz

Thank you very much. I am more than willing to do some testing with it as well. Slicing ect. If anyone wants to see it.

I've had my 0550 for a few days now and the lock is a little sticky. I tried the pencil graphite and sharpie trick and they didn't really work. If anyone has any other methods for making the lock less sticky please let me know. Maybe it will lose the stickiness with time.

I would say give it a little time. I think it was close to just under, or right t two weeks before everything was really smooth on mine.

nice job man. i like mine too. tank of a knife for a really great price. built on this side of the ocean also

I've had my 0550 for a few days now and the lock is a little sticky. I tried the pencil graphite and sharpie trick and they didn't really work. If anyone has any other methods for making the lock less sticky please let me know. Maybe it will lose the stickiness with time.
Keep at it. Aside from having it sent in for an adjustment, there's no other way to really smooth the action out. Mine took about 2-3 weeks to finally smooth out, though I didn't use it constantly. If you get some spare time, I found that using the sharpie and pencil together along with popping the blade open hard with 2 hands helped a bit. Might've been my imagination though. I'd leave it to the other members to decide of slamming the blade open two-handed is wise. Personally with a lockbar that thick, I'm not that concerned about premature wear.

Back