Zero Tolerance ZT0200

I recieved The new Zero Tolerence ZT0200 today thanks to the Generosity of Thomas with Kershaw/KAI. My initial response was wow what an impressive looking knife, before I opened the blade for the first time, I thuroughily looked over the knife. THe Machined G-10 scales are very thick an well textured, they conformed well to the hand (I dont have huge hands either). The thick Steel liners are very impressive, maybe the thickest liners I have ever seen. The hardware holding this knife together also makes a great impression. The Pocket clip that looks kinda dinky actually does a fantastic job, is very sturdy and can be placed in every possible combination for max versatility, and it sits just right in the pocket.

The blade has 2 methods of opening, a flicker and some ambiexterous thumb studs, both work incredibly well, the blade opens very smooth and the beefy ss liner lock loks up VERY solidly. I added a drop of Tough-Glide to both of the brass washers that the blade rides on, not that it needed it but I always do it to every knife I get new. The flicker actualy serves 2 functions, opening, and with your index finger in the right spot on the grip, the flicker prevents the blade from accidently closing on your hand should the massive lock fail (doubtful). The overall construction of this knife is ROCK SOLID No blade play at all.

The only minor thing that I wasnt completely happy with was the edge, but it is incredibly minor.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best here is my evaluation
Overall Construction- 10
Comfort- 10
Weight- 8 (not a draw back just heavy)
Fit&Finish- 10
Lockup- 10
Factory edge- 9
Action- 10
Useability-10

My opinion, I love this knife!!! I will do a followup after some use

Now after some use, my opinion on this knife in general hasnt changed at all, what I origionally thought was a less than scary sharp blade really is much more capible than I gave it credit for, it cut everything I tried to cut like a hot knife through butter, Rope, Cardboard, Paper, Plastic, and I even used it to chip ice on Thanksgiving day. I think the edge is perfect for the type of knife it is, it is more of a utility type edge than a scalple type edge and rightly so. So I am going to change my edge rating to a 9.

If I was going to be stranded in a survival type situation and I could only take a folder, I WOULDNT DREAM OF TAKING ANYTHING ELSE!! This is one of the best purpose built knives I have ever had the pleasure of using!! It is also a true Bargain for the money!

Ive been looking at this monster for 2 days now, great review, now im really wanting this monster of a folder.

I really want one of these, too. With the Coyote Brown scales- it looks badass! I just wish it were available without the stupid tiger stripes. I'll have to wait until after X-mas, though, all these presents are bleeding me dry!

it is a great looking knife.

they just did a writeup on them in the new tactical knives magazine.

I really am a big fan, once I get it back I will definately do another pass down the line, keep watching the pass fourm

I really want one of these, too. With the Coyote Brown scales- it looks badass! I just wish it were available without the stupid tiger stripes. I'll have to wait until after X-mas, though, all these presents are bleeding me dry!

I would be wary of getting any knife in Coyote Brown if you think you would ever sell it. If they follow like real Striders, especially the Customs, the Coyote Brown handled ones were super hot for about a minute but now the ones for sale just seem to sit there. There were 3 or 4 on SteelAddiction that I thought Dave would die with but it looks like he finally moved them. Just an observation.:)

The tiger striped model is the 300 series assisted opener in case you missed it. This review is for the 200 manual opener which by the way, I like more than my 301. I've done a private pass around with the 301 I have and should be getting it back here shortly though. Even though I like the 200 better I can't wait to get the 301 back to play with it somemore. The feedback is all the same with these knives. All bases covered, most impressive tacticals ever made and on and on.

Nice review. I concur with it all but the edge part. I found mine to be 'Spyderco' sharp when I put it to work. I thnk sometimes that the 154CM steel gets what I always called that 'decieving' sharpness to it. You don't get that satisfying bite or grab to your fingers with this steel like you will with S30V or VG10 but it is sharp nonetheless. For this steel I found the edge to be a 10.

STR

Back