Zipper Pulls

As a frustrated knot tier, I happened to go through a Campmor catalog recently and found something called zipper pulls...

They are braided nylon with plastic tabs on the end. They're about two inches long and come 8 to a package (mixed red, green and black braid) for $3.00. Pop the plastic and insert the braid. Beats tying a hangmans noose and looks good on my Spyderco co-pilot. Maybe I'll try one on my Sebenza next!

www.campmor.com
item number 67810-B

I have a jacket with those pulls, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to open them !!

[This message has been edited by RH (edited 03-19-2001).]

At the end where the two nylon ends go in, put a screw driver of approximately the same dimension. (The back of the plastic tab should look like a hing if they are the same kind..) Pop it open. The braided nylon is held in place by a set of mating top and bottom teeth...at least that's the way the one's I have are set up. (They didn't come with directions, but at 8 for $3.00 I thought I'd just give it a try and the method worked.)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RH:
I have a jacket with those pulls, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to open them !!
</font>

You don't have to open them, just pull the jacket over your head without unzipping it!

The pulls are nice. But I prefer to get a little bit of bungee cord and tie it myself. It works better and it's cheaper.

Back