ZIPPO Lighters.....

Ok here is the family. It continues to grow

DSC03422.jpg

I'm not a collector, but I do like the looks of a lot of them. Only own a couple, but I will likely pick up a few more in time.

Back when I used to smoke (and fly fighters) everyone had one, but nobody carried one in the plane. The altitude (up to about 8000') in the cockpit would cause the lighters to leak on you. You couldn't feel it until you got down. They left an awful burn.

I emailed the Bil-Lit maker to start an identical lighter made from 7075 aluminum with FTW engraving. He said 7075 is stronger than brass.

I'm pretty sure brass is approx $105 and aluminum is $75 but it's been a while since I've had any commo with him.

well in that case i think i'll just have to shoot them an e-mail and maybe purchase one.

You wont regret it. If weight is an issue, go with Al because my brass lighter is almost 1/2 pound and must be belt carried. Speaking of, time to fire up another Wave Light.

see that's the catch. i love the look of patina on brass but not the weight but i like the light weight and high polish of 7075. whens the Ti one coming out?

I have one, an older one. It belonged to my Dad, a WWII vet. The hinge was all wobbly and worn out when I inherited it in '89, so I sent it to Zippo to be refurbished, stipulating not to replace the case or guts. They fixed it free of charge and sent me a spare new insert, but fixed up the old one. I don't have a picture of that lighter, and don't know it's age but it has five sections to the barrel hinge, if that means anything. I also have a coffee table size copy of a Zippo just because it is cool. I don't use them though. As mentioned above, overfill it or carry it wrong and it will put a painful cherry on your leg.

I don't smoke, but wanted to get a zippo to "play" with.
I was at a flea market and a vendor had a box full of lighters with $7 each marked on them. I dug through the box and found 4 zippos. Offered him $10 for the four and he took it.
A couple were old from the 30's or 40's and two were from the 70's.
I sent them all to Zippo and they fixed the hinges and replaced the inserts. Plus the returned the original inserts.
Can't beat that type of customer service. I got 4 new zippos for 10 bucks.

I don't smoke, but wanted to get a zippo to "play" with.
I was at a flea market and a vendor had a box full of lighters with $7 each marked on them. I dug through the box and found 4 zippos. Offered him $10 for the four and he took it.
A couple were old from the 30's or 40's and two were from the 70's.
I sent them all to Zippo and they fixed the hinges and replaced the inserts. Plus the returned the original inserts.
Can't beat that type of customer service. I got 4 new zippos for 10 bucks.

That is fantastic Bro! Excellent purchase

got two of em... boring stainless with company logo and a black chrome I bought when I turned 18.. Now that I think about it the black chrome one could be sent back for service..

Back