Zombie Go Boom Wasteland Gladius experience?

Hi!
I'm new to Blade forums and I wanted to ask you all your experience with the zombie go boom wasteland gladius?
I'm usually into wakizashis, katanas and knives.
But I want to try something else. So, in my search of something I encountered this wasteland gladius and it seems awesome, but, there are only two videos in YouTube about this gladius and no much reviews on the internet.
So, can anyone tell me their experience with this gladius? Durability? Sharpness?

I would appreciate any experience you can share with me

It's a $100 sword made in Pakistan. My guess is that it's exactly what you would expect given those factors.
Have you used it? In kult of Athena I saw some good reviews. Sharp, short... But I don't know what else to expect. I guess it's too late I already ordered it.
Now I guess I just don't wanna be disappointed.

You should be fine. The ZGB guys love to bash things, and if their own merch broke easily they would lose a chunk of cred. That doesn't mean it's going to handle like a sword, but it will be a sharpened piece of steel that should survive some cutting. Their Executioner sword is, if I remember correctly, made by the same company that puts out the Condor brand--Imacasa maybe? I would trust that one over the Pakistan gladius.

I'm curious to hear your experience. Be sure to use safety gear for any real world testing. I have not had very good luck with the vast majority blades at that price point.

Hi!
I'm new to Blade forums and I wanted to ask you all your experience with the zombie go boom wasteland gladius?
I'm usually into wakizashis, katanas and knives.
But I want to try something else. So, in my search of something I encountered this wasteland gladius and it seems awesome, but, there are only two videos in YouTube about this gladius and no much reviews on the internet.
So, can anyone tell me their experience with this gladius? Durability? Sharpness?

I would appreciate any experience you can share with me
It cannot be weaker than a Cold Steel machete and those take a great deal of abuse.

Zieg

get yourself an ontario ct5 machete and you're set ;)

eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL29udGFyaW8vaW1hZ2VzL09OQ1Q1XzEuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOiB7InJlc2l6ZSI6IHsid2lkdGgiOiA3NjAsImhlaWdodCI6IDQxNSwiZml0IjogImNvbnRhaW4iLCJiYWNrZ3JvdW5kIjogeyJyIjogMjU1LCJnIjogMjU1LCJiIjogMjU1LCJhbHBoYSI6IDF9fX19

If you really want a machete, get a machete. Lots of people classify the gladius as a machete, but I don't think it is because it is doubled edged and designed primarily for thrusting. The machete is single edged and designed primarily for chopping. If you're interested in a home/self defense weapon, the gladius is superior to the machete. There have been many discussions for a long time over what the best home defense sword is, and it always ends up coming down to the fact that you're fighting in small spaces like narrow hallways and doorways. Short swords, scimitars, cutlasses, etc, were designed to work in tight spaces. With an unknown attacker, you're trying to keep distance and attack before they close in, so a sword is better than a knife. From a distance, and in tight spots, you'll be using thrusts more than chops. If you end up getting closer, the gladius gives you two sharp edges. From what I can tell, the three gladii that are in competition right now for "good and actually useable but inexpensive" are the Zombie Go Boom, the United Cutlery Combat Commander Gladiator Sword, and The Cold Steel Gladius Machete. Those three are modern high tech "tactical" versions of the gladius pattern. There are lots of other high quality replica gladii out there that are more authentic, but some of them can get very expensive and will not necessarily perform better than these in real combat situations.

Of these three, the one that seems to consistently get better reviews, even if only by a small margin, is the United Cutlery Combat Commander Gladiator Sword. Most people prefer the weight, the balance, the scabbard design, the feel of the handle, the shape and length of the blade, the blade material - 1065, and the price. None of these three gladii are very attractive, but they are all extremely functional and hold up well under pretty aggressive use and testing. They may not look pretty, but they do look pretty mean.

If you are concerned about looks as well, and you are willing to spend the extra bucks, you can also get more deluxe versions of these "tactical" gladii like the United Cutlery Honshu Midnight Forge Gladiator Sword or the United Cutlery USMC Desert Ops Gladius Sword

UC3431B.JPG

UC3507.JPG

Well, I guess the OP either didn’t like it, or got so discouraged by the opinions here he decided not to follow up. Because I can’t imagine he’s still awaiting the sword. Unless ZGB changed manufacturers to Survive! 🤨

Well, I guess the OP either didn’t like it, or got so discouraged by the opinions here he decided not to follow up. Because I can’t imagine he’s still awaiting the sword. Unless ZGB changed manufacturers to Survive! 🤨
Maybe it didn't work at all and he was eaten by zombies...

Well heck! I've thought about getting one of the Zombie glads myself, and was looking forward to the hands-on review here. I'll just make do with my CS smatchet machete for the nonce...

I like the idea of a modern Gladius, but maybe I like the idea of a modern hangar or cutlass better, and that's what my Magnum Warcraft Tanto XL feels like. I bet it has pretty equivalent chopping power to a longer but lighter original

Back