Zombie Slayer anyone?!?

i think 12 inch is a great size...much bigger and it'll be hard to use with one hand. like you said, choke up and use the finger hole and its a two hand...but having the option to use 1 is nice.

Blade in one hand, gun in the other...we are talking about a zombie apocalypse here!

I'd vote for A2 or D2 steel-- a little corrosion resistance would be nice against the amount of blood this beasty would be drinkin'!

Ok - while cutting out some handle material I whipped out this cardboard model of the Zombie Slayer - latest drawing. Tell me what you think:

A pic of it overall, sitting on my 15" Dell laptop.

ZombieSlayer100615-01.jpg

An "in-hand" pic. I wear a large size glove. I have a long palm, medium length fingers, average width.

ZombieSlayer100615-02.jpg

Dan

I apologize for not being able to put a good hollow grind on it....

:D :eek: :p

Dan

Seeing it in hand, I think the handle is too long. I'd shorten the handle an inch, and make the blade an inch longer. Thinking about the ergos of the handle, the palm swell isn't in the right place because of the extra length. Just my .02 . . .

I'd probably want about a half-inch less handle on it. you could still get a nearly-2-hand grip on it.

Soooo cool. Might wind up being my first Koster.:D The final product will look amazing for sure.

this is gonna be ubber badass :)

can't wait to see the finished product in my hand :)

so...what are we talking for handle material?

sheath: kydex? leather?

thickness?

ballpark pricing?

inquiring minds wanna know!

Ok - after playing with this for a little while it seems that the tip is too high - even for an upswept blade. So I've lowered it (rotated the whole blade clockwise actually...and yes, it is still upswept) and I've taken 1/2" out of the handle....and I've taken out the blade holes. I made the swedge extend past the peak...which will make it easier for me to grind - can do it like I do my scandi grinds. And it won't be "sharpenable"...it will be about 0.040" thick and deburred. And I took out some of palm swell in the handle - there was too much in the middle for the various grip options.

I also made a 2nd version with a longer blade. Overall length would be 20" on this one. Tell me if you like this one better.

I added a ruler at the top of the drawing for reference.

Let me know what you guys think!

I am actually getting kinda excited about this one.

This would have to be in leather....and not a sheath...a SCABBARD! :eek:

I don't even want to think about pricing right now....*cough* *cough*
I'll have to make one first to see how involved it will end up being.

:D

Pic:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ZombieSlayer3.gif
    ZombieSlayer3.gif
    4 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
What other knives are 20" long? If you guys can find me one, I can scale it and put it next to it for comparison.

Dan

Since I have nothing to do today really...

here is the Zombie compared to a Busse Bushwacker Mistress (16.25") and a CRKT Hissaou (sp?) (18.38')

still looking for something that measures 20"

comp.jpg

I haven't handled the Mistress, but that thing is big...

I like it but I'd like to see a smaller one as well.Say 6inch blade,boron coated 1095 with IWB belt stud kydex sheath.Sharp swedge.

Last edited:
This new design is GREAT! Slip some Glow In The Dark green handles on there from Shadetree and it's Zombie ready!

Back