ZT 0350 Review...

I just got my ZT 0350 today. Here's a short review on this knife.

Initial impression is that it's heavy for its size, but it doesn't feel like the 6.2 oz. that it weighs (Yes, it's listed at under 5 oz, but even "Thomas W" of Kershaw has posted that it's 6.2 oz.).

Handle's typical 0300 like in that it's wide for it's length, but that only makes it comfortable. The G-10 texture is like other Kershaws. It's grippy, but not too rough, IMHO.

Blade is wide for its length & from the foremost part of the scales, it's 3 1/4", but blade edge is 3 3/8". A/O is strong & what you'd expect from ZT/Kershaw. Flipper sticks out plenty to push it easily/quickly. It can be opened by the thumb-studs, but, for me, it's definitely easier to use the flipper.

Clip is the now-typical short, stubby ZT clip, which is nice. It's not too wide, doesn't get in the way & is overall plain useful. For whatever reason, the knife sits about 1/4" lower in the pocket in the tip-down position. Personally, I prefer tip-up & changed it to that.

This is a liner-lock, but it's fairly thick & should not be a problem. It reminds me of the ZT 0200 & 0400s.

Blade came very sharp from the factory, is a recurve, & is wide (S30V, too).

I've read complaints that the knife's pivot is too small. While it's not the overbuilt size of the other ZTs, it looks to be big enough for the knife's size. I've also read that the handle's too short. I have fairly lg. hands & could fit all 4 fingers of my hand onto the handle. I imagine if one has VERY lg. hands, it'll be a tight fit.

I measured the closed length at just over 4 1/2" (I got 4 9/16" on mine).

Overall, I think ZT did a great job with this knife. I always thought they should do a smaller model, about 10%, which they did & think this will be a very successful folder for them. As per the 0300, I can't get over how comfortable the wide handle is. While it makes pocket carry a little wide, it sure helps in the gripping/comfort area.

If you've wanted a ZT, but thought they were too big, then this one may be it for you.

Last edited:
Gotta agree. I've found some of the larger ZT's just too much to carry. This one is more in the realm of possibility, and fits well in my right-back pocket (tip-down).

The thumbstuds and flipper work about equally well for me.

i was looking at them at my local cutler who just got them in. Nice price point and they were sitting alongside the bigger brother. I was impressed with both of them and would dearly love to afford the big unit but it's doubtful i could justify the cost and probably wouldn't carry it very much due to it's weight.

Strange things with this knife for me. As for being AO, I enjoy that feature much more on this knife than with my other AOs. This is probably one of the most comfortable knives I've used with my left hand. I'm not really sure why that is either. I think its the width perhaps. Anyway, this knife is definitely giving some great satisfaction level. I'l prolly be able to refrain from getting an Emerson for at least a month! lol

Great review - accurate. The only thing I would add is that jimping would be great on the lock as it's tough to close - especially one-handed. The liners are super thick and stiff and you need a little extra purchase to release the lock.

Thank you all for the kind comments. Usually on a knife this weight, I wouldn't want to keep it. However, the size, IMHO, is more manageable for pocket carry than the 0300s & I do believe the handle width/depth is what makes it so comfortable.

If you use your knife hard &/or alot in a single day, this knife is ideal.

Ordered a satin finished one from knife works. Now the wait. They said they would be in May 15.

I did not those are available yet. I do someone who can/will bead-blast the blade & I believe he's looking into stonewash finish (Tumbling?).

Back