ZT 0452CF flipper

Does anyone know if ZT (Kershaw) is planning on changing the detent on the 0452CF Flipper? I've bought two but sent them both back because I could barely open them. Kershaw said I could send them to Kershaw and they would "do what they could", but no guarantees - is there anything that they can actually do ? I love the knife but if it takes so much effort to open it I'll just try to forget it.

You may be riding the lockbar with your finger tips if you are right handed. Try opening it lefty. If it opens lefty then you need to adjust your right hand technique.

I had this problem with my 0450, do not press (squeeze) the lockbar, it takes some practice but is well worth it, try practicing opening with your middle finger

What they said. I own a 450 and have played with a 452, and as long as you don't put pressure on the lock bar, they work beautifully

Thanks MURINDO and PSU2001. As soon as my bank account gets ready I'm going to try it, again. I can't wait - I love the lines ..... and the steel, too.

Thanks MURINDO and PSU2001. As soon as my bank account gets ready I'm going to try it, again. I can't wait - I love the lines ..... and the steel, too.

I had no problems with the 0450 but the 0452 gave me fits when I wasn't thinking about gripping it correctly. I added a 0801 clip and it is like a new knife to me. I like a larger clip to grip onto and shield the lockbars a bit. IMHO the 0450 is shielded just fine with the stock clip (my sampling of ONE, hahah). Don't be afraid to experiment with clips - it can help.

They are intentionally stiff. I dont see it changing any time soon. I personally feel the knives are perfect. They are harder than most to deply but after about a week they break in nicely. Especially when proper technique is realized. Every person i have seen in person that has a problem with opening newer zt knives have had poor technique and are trying to push in on the flipper. If younpull straight back in line with the length of the handle it rockets out and a all too familiar "oh, THATS how it works" Soon follows.

Yup, what everyone else said. At first i was gripping my new 450 way too tight. As soon as I loosened up, it started to fly like a stiff sprung auto. It's almost counterintuitive to hold a small knife that lightly, but once you get the hang of it, they're amazing. Still waiting for my 452CF. But understand the two are similar with detent.

My 0452 got better with better technique, but it also had a bit of a break-in period as well. Now I feel the action is perfectly crisp and a joy to deploy.

I had similar experiences that worked themselves out. You need to be mindful of the pressure you're putting on the lockbar. Closing it, I found it easier to flip it in my hand to pull the lock bar out with my fingers and push the blade partially close with my thumb instead of using my thumb to push out the lockbar. Another thing I didn't like was how the lock bar face felt like it would scrape as I push it out. But just a dab of some chap stick (which was all I had on me at the time) fixed it once and for good.

Back