ZT 0550 New Style with Black blade

I'd say blue IMO would look best

Thats what I was thinkin, but still, I would love to see one first. Maybe Mr. Hinderer can help me out? Im sure he has one around somewhere ;)

He might even have an xm24 he can throw my way :eek: Wishful thinking I guess..

Turns out that David sent me a promo kit with the right sized torx bit _ Thanks!
Here are those green/black monkey frags installed:
P1060574ZT-0550blkZT-3019-27-2012.jpg

Picked mine up from the PO today. Awesome; this thing is better looking than the original. Opens like butter too! Damn sharp too! Thanks Dave; you rock!

Last edited:
Picked mine up from the PO today. Awesome; this thing is better looking than the original. Opens like butter too! Damn sharp too! Thanks Dave; you rock!

Yea I kind of got the wrong angle for my usual "shave test" with mine and have a little scab now. :D

Mine tries to tell me that too. "If Im not funny, then why am I laughing?" I win that argument every time, I think.

Tell your wife you made Bob laugh so that proves you are hilarious.

Thanks Dave, mine was sitting by the door when I got home.

Family photos.
img0094nw.jpg

img0095xf.jpg

img0096wmf.jpg

Nice set- thanks for posting! I was actually wondering what the stonewashed blade would look like with the newly designed handle. Is that something you pieced together? The black blade looks awesome, but the stonewashed blade/new handle combo is pretty sweet also. :thumbup:

Oh, nice! I had no clue...that's very cool. I was hoping that was the case- I do like the look of the black blade, but all the black blades I've had haven't kept their finish for very long and it hasn't taken much to scratch them, so when it's time to buy I will most likely get the stonewashed blade. I'd be tempted to get a black blade model, but part of me would want to tuck it away and not use it, simply because of the limited run. That's not likely to happen though, the tucking away part that is. :p

Sorry for the back to back posts- but I do have a question to those that own or have handled both the original model and the updated version:

I can see the obvious difference and advantage of the new pocket clip design, but what (if any) is the purpose or advantage to having the lockbar cutout on the outside, instead of the inside? Asthetically, to me anyway, the new version definitely looks better, but does that new change serve a purpose or address any issues on the original model? Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Sorry for the back to back posts- but I do have a question to those that own or have handled both the original model and the updated version:

I can see the obvious difference and advantage of the new pocket clip design, but what (if any) is the purpose or advantage to having the lockbar cutout on the outside, instead of the inside? Asthetically, to me anyway, the new version definitely looks better, but does that new change serve a purpose or address any issues on the original model? Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/980928-ZT-550-now-with-deep-carry-clip?
In general, it works a little better to have the cutout on the outside - it's not a deal breaker either way, but it's functionally better. We also moved it toward the butt a little bit to make it a bit easier to unlock and a bit lighter on the detent.

Back