• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ZT 0551 Preorders ( Elmax version of the ZT/Hiderer colab. 0550)

UPDATE 11/16/2010
I hope to be picking up my order on Friday and may be sending payment info tomorrow evening. For those of you on the standby list, it is looking very good, there is a very good chance I will be able to supply a Knife to everyone that has signed up with me on any list. If you don't receive an email tomorrow and you hear that some people have , don't worry, I have a lot to send and no way to do it in mass, so please be patient.

Thanks
Dave

UPDATE 10/29/10:
Hey guys just so you know, whatever the number you are on my list does not have anything to do with the serial number you get, I will not have time to play the serial number game, it will be whatever I send. I won't even know what numbers I have until after I get them, in past orders they have always been random, whatever they grab to fill orders, they don't start low, they just grab. The good news is that information I have given you to date stays unchanged, if I didn't tell you that you were on the standby list, you are covered, those that are on standby will be contacted as spots open up. I will only give the original list folks a couple of days to respond, then that spot will be open for standbys. I have been told that I WILL receive my full allotment sometime next week, hopefully. The rest of the 500 will go to other dealers, so if you miss the knife from me , it doesn't mean you are out of luck, it just means you won't get to do business with the best looking dealer this time, Ha. Once I have the knives in my possession , I will send payment info as quickly as I can. The most important things for you to remember, regardless of how you pay is, I need your email address ( this is how I am tracking pre sales) and your shipping address.

Thanks
Dave

Several of you have already asked to be on a preorder list for the 0551 and I thought it was time to post this, I do have a list and you are welcome to climb on board. This knife will be a limited edition of the production model 0550. It will be made with Elmax steel and will hopefully be out in October. The production model 0550 will not be made until 2011. You can Email me for pricing info and to be added to the list. My email is steelhead15@juno.com

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
I sent an email, definatly in for one of these. Does anyone know about "Elmax" Steel and how it holds up. Haven't heard of it until now. I havent read all 940+ posts on the 0550 thread.....lol. Google search did not bring up much.

I sent an email, definatly in for one of these. Does anyone know about "Elmax" Steel and how it holds up. Haven't heard of it until now. I havent read all 940+ posts on the 0550 thread.....lol. Google search did not bring up much.

If you sift through that thread (I've read it - easier when you subscribe to it than catching it late :) ) you'll find one of our resident experts in steels, sharpening etc.. knifenut1013 - he said the Elmax is excellent, fine grained, takes a razor's edge and has good edge retention. Apparently there's another 1 or 2 Kershaws that already use this European high grade steel and he's sharpened them and looked at under a microscope.

Feel free to jump in or correct me, but I'll take his observations after working with it any day.

If you sift through that thread (I've read it - easier when you subscribe to it than catching it late :) ) you'll find one of our resident experts in steels, sharpening etc.. knifenut1013 - he said the Elmax is excellent, fine grained, takes a razor's edge and has good edge retention. Apparently there's another 1 or 2 Kershaws that already use this European high grade steel and he's sharpened them and looked at under a microscope.

Feel free to jump in or correct me, but I'll take his observations after working with it any day.

Yes , one of those knives with Elmax that is already out is the ZT0350CB composite blade, which I have in stock.

Back