ZT 550 now with deep carry clip?

Just saw the post on Facebook by ZT of a 550 with the same deep carry clip as the 560. Are they being made with the same clip now?

Yep - just saw that. I'm going to wait to buy my 0550 now until they (hopefully) have those pocket-clips on them.

Here's the pic btw:

293272_10151141726001282_1460506374_n.jpg

Yeah i was about to pull the trigger as well but will wait to see if that clip is now standard.

It is the new standard. I've heard that there are actually some hybrids, where one side is tapped for deep carry, while the other is for regular.

Yep that's right.... New 0550's coming off the line will have the deep carry clip. We found it to be more popular. You're also right that there was a very small batch (maybe only a hundred or so) of "hybrids" that were made during the transition. The back scale has the deep carry clip and the G10 side is drilled for the regular and it comes with a spare regular clip. Moving forward, production is designing them for deep carry on both the front and back. There's unfoturnately nothing in the model number to tell you which clip it has, so if you have a strong preference one way or another, I suggest calling the dealer to ask before ordering.

Yep that's right.... New 0550's coming off the line will have the deep carry clip. We found it to be more popular. You're also right that there was a very small batch (maybe only a hundred or so) of "hybrids" that were made during the transition. The back scale has the deep carry clip and the G10 side is drilled for the regular and it comes with a spare regular clip. Moving forward, production is designing them for deep carry on both the front and back. There's unfoturnately nothing in the model number to tell you which clip it has, so if you have a strong preference one way or another, I suggest calling the dealer to ask before ordering.

Lynda, thanks. Would it be possible for me to get a prototype knife in this configuration. It's purely in the interest of science I assure you. I can then report my findings directly to you and Thomas ;)

Awesome! Thanks for the update, will surely be getting one of these now!

hmmm.... should have another little bonus from work coming, maybe the 350 for work and newly revised 550 for casual days out. Something is seriously wrong with me lol.

Glad to see I was ahead of the curve for once...:D

Edit: Thomas if I send my 0551 in, would you fine folks at ZT be willing to swap my scale to the new design? I like the reverse cut-out a little better.

Attachments

• 100_1362.jpg
    100_1362.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 342
  • 100_1363 (1500x771).jpg
    100_1363 (1500x771).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 100_1364.jpg
    100_1364.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 257
I just noticed that too.

What was the reason for the change?

In general, it works a little better to have the cutout on the outside - it's not a deal breaker either way, but it's functionally better. We also moved it toward the butt a little bit to make it a bit easier to unlock and a bit lighter on the detent.

I think visually it looks better. So i assume around serial # 2551 will be the transition for future ref. on the switch over. You know people are going to be asking when somewhere down the line! I also like the ZER*/ONE on there! Breaks it up a little better with that and the cutout. Liking the patch as well! I was looking to get one of these soon. Looks like i will wait for this one now.

Back