Zt 562

silenthunterstudios

Slipjoint Addict
Platinum Member
I've gone over to the world of slipjoints and bushcraft knives almost exclusively, but I still want to get a ZT 562 when they come out. I had a 561, a great knife but too big for me to EDC. A 566 would be a little too small. 562 is perfect.

Then I wondered why not just get a real Hinderer? $ of course, but while ZT is high quality, I'd like to try a custom Hinderer or at least semi custom. So, I am not good with the model numbers. Which xm model is comparable to the 562? The 18 or 24? Looking for a size in between the 561 and 566. Thanks.

The XM-24 has 4 in. blade. There are 2 XM-18 models a 3.5 in and a 3 in. The 3.5 is probably the size that you are seeking. Now to choose a grind. Good luck!

Yes the 3.5" would probably be best. Man I can't wait for the 0562's to get here though. That 0562cf looks wicked!!!!!

I would suggest a 3.5" slicer if you are intrigued by the 0562. Great, useful blade grind. So are the spanto and wharncliffe;).

ETA: If someone was asking me for knife suggestions, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the 0562 based on my experience with the ZT hinderer designs.

Last edited:
Back