ZT MUDD full photo review (+EDC in Honduras)

I did some thinking and decided to take a risk.

I have managed to 'improve' on the clip by taking it out and bending it so that the gap on the clip side (not the screw side) between the folder and clip on the butt is reduced to almost touching. Now there is no gap for the pants material to enter.

Now my Mudd comes out easy as my other folders with clips :)

Is that a glass breaker on the end of the clip?

It is the Hawk's mark, I believe. I have no idea if it will break glass or not, and I don't have any spare glass to try on. It's also on the Kershaw External toggle, and I think I've seen it on custom Hawk knives before as well.

Hopefully this weekend I'll have more time to add the rest of the text.

Thanks for the review. Definitely looks like a beastly folder. Though what type of tool is need to remove/tighten the pivot? Not sure if a special pronged tool fits in the four holes or not.

Thanks for the review. Definitely looks like a beastly folder. Though what type of tool is need to remove/tighten the pivot? Not sure if a special pronged tool fits in the four holes or not.

Spanner wrench, or so I've heard. You may be able to use needle nose plies and get it out that way.

I have a couple of small nails that I ground the points flat on, and the diameter was just right to fit into the hole. Put a screwdriver shaft between the two nails and tighten or loosen the pivot with no problem. Have heard that a spanner wrench will also work, just never tried it. Bladeplay in mine is zero, and I've used it for some outdoor spring cleaning!

Great review. Any blade play?

Side to side, none.

Up and down, 1/2 a milimeter, and my blade is loose enough to flick open.

If I tightened it (as it came from the factory) it would be gone.

Some might be concerned with movement up and down, but I've used and abused it, and it hasn't gotten any worse--I suspect it's just the two blocks of the mechanism that have a tiny gap when the blade is loose. The lock is incredibly strong and rock solid.

I haven't had time to get pictures of some outdoor work and muddy jobs because of schoolwork and lack of sleep. I'll have them by June at the latest.

And yes, you should get one artfully martial :D

Back