ZT0560 G10 not flush with liner in finger choil

Hey ZT 0560 / 0561 owners: Can you look at you knifes, open, in the finger choil is the G10 cut flush with the liner like it is on the rest of the knife? Just got this today and noticed it was impossible to unlock. Got a good tip to treat the blade tang with the graphite from a pencil so it does not stick to the titanium, then I noticed this. It is definitely preventing my thumb from getting down into the lock bar. thanks!

ztg10.jpg

This is a feature on Rick Hinderer knives to prevent accidentally disengaging the lockbar under heavy use. I've been able to remove and recontour it with files and sandpaper pretty easily. It was honestly more of an aesthetic issue for me.

I have an older 0561 and my G10 overhangs like yours in the picture. I suppose if it wasn't there it might be easier to get to the lock bar but my knife is closable with one hand. You just have to catch the jimping on the lockbar with the tip of your thumb and push.

Designed that way for two reasons that I know of. One to prevent accidental disengaging of the lockbar as stated above, and two easier to unlock the knife when wearing gloves. Real XM's have the same feature as well.

Designed that way for two reasons that I know of. One to prevent accidental disengaging of the lockbar as stated above, and two easier to unlock the knife when wearing gloves. Real XM's have the same feature as well.

Thank you all for the quick replies. Guess I will put the dremel tool away and step away from the knife!

Back