zt300 compared to junkyard dog II

I read a post somewhere where someone said these are two different knives with two different functions. I know they are different knives but what would the different functions be that the knives were designed for?

Trying to justify buying the ZT300. I really want a folder that is a "tank" and I like the look of the ZT300. The only thing is for the same price I could get either and ZT205 or a ZT0500 AND and Junkyard dog II and Blur (which I've also wanted). So I'm trying to decide between being able to buy one knife or three.

Help me decide!

Well, the 0300 series certainly qualifies as a "tank." Over half a pound of folder. You might find this interesting:

[youtube]BItmW98M9mc[/youtube]

I have two ZT30x's. One tan and one green. Great knife, you won't regret it probably. I would prefer mine to not have the tiger stripes, not be a recurve, have a stop pin of some sort, and not weigh so much. If this sounds like I don't like the knife it's not, I am just picky and hate reviews with nothing but sunshine and happiness. It is a beast and the AO is not as fast as the smaller Kershaws but very positive nonetheless. If you care, this is one of those knives that even your nonknife buddies will say "can I look at that?" and then nearly cut themselves or drop it when they go to open it. Advise caution here. Enjoy, let us know what you get.

Pete

I have all of these knifes *cept for the ZT205*, and I like them all. As for having a knife that is built like tank - you cant go wrong with any of them - cept for maybe the Blur...good knife, but I think it would come in last as far as built from a tank. Unless you can afford the ZT300 (which IMO is the BEST knife I own)..for a solid knife that is built strong, you can't go wrong with a JYD2 (or Large Cyclone, though you didnt mention that one, and I have that one as well..)

Trying to justify buying the ZT300. I really want a folder that is a "tank" and I like the look of the ZT300. The only thing is for the same price I could get either and ZT205 or a ZT0500 AND and Junkyard dog II and Blur (which I've also wanted). So I'm trying to decide between being able to buy one knife or three.

Help me decide!

I have all the knives mentioned and for EDC I carry the JYD II Titanium & SG2. I love the JYD II. It is light, slices like a razor, is easy to keep sharp and is comfortable in my pocket. With that said, if I were to go somewhere that I could only depend on one knife to take care of everything I would pick the ZT0300 or ZT 0205 because like you said they are built like a tank. YMMV

JYDII CB is a great knife for the price (i really enjoy mine). However, if you feel like spending a bit more, those ZTs are beasts :)

I have all the knives mentioned and for EDC I carry the JYD II Titanium & SG2. I love the JYD II. It is light, slices like a razor, is easy to keep sharp and is comfortable in my pocket. With that said, if I were to go somewhere that I could only depend on one knife to take care of everything I would pick the ZT0300 or ZT 0205 because like you said they are built like a tank. YMMV

Yea..that's sort of what I was thinking. For the same price as the ZT300 I could purchase the ZT205, Junkyard dog II, and a blur. Get the best of both worlds...still get a heavy duty folder and then a couple lighter ones for EDC.

For the JYD II, whats the advantage of having a Titanium handle over the G-10 handle?

Help me decide!

Let me tell ya dude, you get that 0300, love it, caress it, use it, beat the H out of it. I will for-warn you though, about 6 months ago I ordered 1 on a whim, my 4th one is due to arrive tomorrow morning UPS Red. If you get my drift. I have 2 0300 all blacks that I ordered from knifeworks.com (good people) and a Tad Gear Desert Warior and a Tad Gear Combat Edition. I will be adding the 0150 and 0100 later. Absolutely the best knife in the world...bar none (for the money) I love mine. Not that I dislike Kershaws, I have some of them too, but the ZT is the M1 Abrahms of pocket knives. GET ONE!!!!!

Back