ZT300 handle?

On the verge of buying one. Had a question about the handle. In the pic's I've seen it seem like the handle is wider than most. Do any of you guys who have it think it's TOO wide?

The handle is wide but not too wide. However, I found that with the pocket clip in the standard tip-down carry position I had a hard time reaching into my pocket wearing standard jeans, because of its width. To rectify this all I did was invert the pocket clip to enable tip-up carry and the problem was gone. I would recommend the knife highly, it fast became my current favorite (I have over 100) and is with me everyday.

Heck, I am at university right now and my 301 is sitting in the study carrel beside me, along with my Wharcom and Cricket....

On the verge of buying one. Had a question about the handle. In the pic's I've seen it seem like the handle is wider than most. Do any of you guys who have it think it's TOO wide?

I have fairly small hands but love the feel of the ZT30x-series handles...not too wide for me at all. ;)

Ray :)

I have medium sized hands, fit me great, carries excellently, but like Moses 3 said-- tip up is the way to go with this guy :)

Hey there, I just got mine in the mail today and have yet to do a full review. Needless to say, I love this knife!!!

Great handle, absolutely zero blade play, and built like a tank. +1 to ZT for this guy :thumbup:.

IMO, compared to most everything else out there, the handle is much too wide for easy daily carry but the width is nice for using it for it's intended purpose: hard use cutting.

It's a large knife, no doubt. It doesn't work for me wearing business casual. But with jeans it's fine. And it's a brute. Maybe the closest thing to carrying a folding fixed blade. Not a "finesse" knife. A meaty, man's knife. :D :thumbup:

The 0301's handle fills my hand quite comfortably.
I carried it daily for most of the last year (until I picked up the ZT autos).
Definitely hard to get past with side slash pockets, but not impossible with top opening pockets.

I kept the clip on the Ti side, which seemed to help it draw more smoothly than knives with the clip against textured G10.

Over all, for such a large folder, it carried and handled quite well. The short, black clip generally did not draw much attention.

In my opinion:
I to carry tip up, clip on Ti side. I have large hands (glove size) so the size doesnt bother me. note though, that I have carried large folders my whole life and am generaly used to them. I cant stand a small, slim knife I have to keep checking my pocket to see if its still in there. I like the idea that if I lock my keys in my truck, I can always pry the door off with my ZT:D:D:D:D:D

Back