ZT301 sighting on NCIS tonight, 10/11/2011

gooeytek

Gold Member
Tonight's episode showed Gibbs using his ZT0301 to pry off some pegboard.

Pretty sure it was actually a 0302, with the tan scale on one side. Gibbs has carried it in the show for some time now, though it's not the one he started with. DiNozzo carries what appears to be a 0302 with a black blade instead of the tiger stripe. There's a long thread on the knives of NCIS here.

I think I prefer the 0301 myself. Just too much contrast between the tan on one side and charcoal black on the other with the 302, looks wildly different from each side, just doesn't hang together somehow.

Not really fond of recurves, but... are these still in production? I've read different things on-line, and most dealers seem to be out of stock....

gibbs_rules_9_dark_tshirt.jpg

Pretty sure it was actually a 0302, with the tan scale on one side. Gibbs has carried it in the show for some time now, though it's not the one he started with. DiNozzo carries what appears to be a 0302 with a black blade instead of the tiger stripe. There's a long thread on the knives of NCIS here.

I think I prefer the 0301 myself. Just too much contrast between the tan on one side and charcoal black on the other with the 302, looks wildly different from each side, just doesn't hang together somehow.

Not really fond of recurves, but... are these still in production? I've read different things on-line, and most dealers seem to be out of stock....

gibbs_rules_9_dark_tshirt.jpg

the 0301 was the one on last nights episode.

It was a 302, tan scales. I have the 301, with green scales. One of my favorite knives. Goes well with my Case peanut :D.

The 302 is discontinued. No longer in production, buy if you're lucky, you'll be able to find it in the used market or as New-old-stock at a knife dealer.

Also, it was the 302 on tuesday's episode. Tan scale.

The 302 is discontinued. No longer in production, buy if you're lucky, you'll be able to find it in the used market or as New-old-stock at a knife dealer.

Thanks, yeah, I figured it out eventually, mostly by downloading the 2011 catalog and checking eBay listings, where there's a 302 for sale right now for $400 because it's a "collectible". The collectors can have it, I'm not that interested, thanks. Not a Gibbs wannabee, and on pure aesthetics I like the looks of the 301 more anyway, but I dislike recurves enough so that it's not worth even the ~$230 street for me personally. I'd probably buy one if I found a real "deal", but I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Back