ZT301 & silicon grease?

I have a ZT301 that has the torsion bar rattle that's common. I ordered some screws from KAI and told them that I was going to open the knife up and drop some grease in the cavity to stop the rattle. They said they will send the screws no problem and to use silicon grease for the rattle. Why do you think they want me to use that? Is that the same as dielectric grease? Do you have a favorite brand? I was all set to go with lithium grease now I'm wondering if their idea is better or will last longer. I've sent them the same questions but I thought I'd get a quicker answer here.
Thanks,
Mike

Dielectric grease is silcone grease, according to google. Silicone is close to silicon and google isn't showing such a thing a silicon grease.

I always chose to use LUCAS white lithium in the past. It would last and last and last. Worked the best for me.

Dielectric grease is silcone grease, according to google. Silicone is close to silicon and google isn't showing such a thing a silicon grease.

I thought the same thing but I went with their spelling just in case it meant something. Thanks for taking the time to look it up:thumbup:

I always chose to use LUCAS white lithium in the past. It would last and last and last. Worked the best for me.

I'm with you on the Lucas product. In fact I try to use their stuff when it applies.
Thanks Bella,
Mike

Back